wija
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 5 without s
Firmware Version: WW_31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG phone 5 without s

Warranty expired

Issue:
1) motion control can't follow all of the instructed motions anymore. I turned on this feature when first purchase 1 year go, Im find out this issue when today trying this feature again.
2) compass spinning.

My workaround:
1) factory reset is useless.
2) gyroscope testing like the pic below, it says my gyroscope error but when I try the gyroscope in CODM game the gyroscope is working properly.
screenshot-20221223-083405611-1.jpg
3) after that I test the compass like in the pic below, the result is normal. But the compass in Google maps and dedicated compass apps from Google play store are spinning forever.
screenshot-20221223-083416233.jpg
4) the compass sensors test result from the dedicated compass app from Google play store is high accuracy and well calibrated.
screenshot-20221223-083604369.jpg
And the more advanced compass sensors check resulting some sensors accuracy are high while some sensors accuracy are missing (include "motion_detect" from Qualcomm in 2nd pic in below).
screenshot-20221223-083635283.jpg
screenshot-20221223-083650509.jpg
screenshot-20221223-083655058.jpg

Please ASUS technicians try to solve this.
Warranty expired.
If I bring my phone to ASUS service center in Indonesia, 99.99% they will tell me to replace its main board meaning I have to pay its main board same as brand new product price.
6 REPLIES 6

zxops47
Rising Star I
For me gyro was not working while playing apex legend. ASUS service center said replace main board then i keep giving to others people to repair at after 3 different repair person last guy soloed it. It was just upper side board but repairs guy took 120 + just to replace upper side board now gyro working on new state, codm, aim trainer but not on my main game Wtf but now e Ecompasss now not working

keren_ASUS
Hi wija,
Can you try the solution from the post linked below? However, if that doesn't work and if a hard reset didn't fix anything, it could very well be a hardware problem with the sensors, so you would still need to take it to the service center.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
sagarreddysag

Yesturday I had not played game but I used my gyro in pubG today and saw the instability was gone . Idk how but from yesturday I had done these three things:-

1. Downloaded accelerometer calibrator app and calibrated my mob.

2. I installed the newly available update.

3. I typed 0.12345+= in calculator app and there I tested my gyro 3-4 times.

WELL TRY THIS AND SEE IF ANY OF U HAVE PROBLEM AND REPLY ME

My GYROSCOPE PROBLEM SOLVED

wija
Star I
zxops47

For me gyro was not working while playing apex legend. ASUS service center said replace main board then i keep giving to others people to repair at after 3 different repair person last guy soloed it. It was just upper side board but repairs guy took 120 + just to replace upper side board now gyro working on new state, codm, aim trainer but not on my main game Wtf but now e Ecompasss now not working

View post
Yes already went to asus service center, and they said to replace main board with price “MORE THAN” the brand new.
btw, i already bought new rog phone 5s =_= and will sell the rog 5.

wija
Star I
keren_ASUS

Hi wija,

Can you try the solution from the post linked below? However, if that doesn't work and if a hard reset didn't fix anything, it could very well be a hardware problem with the sensors, so you would still need to take it to the service center.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14450/my-gyroscope-problem-solved

View post
Already tried this before i posting this post, this was useless.
and asus service center is useless as well, they can’t service their electronics, they only can “replace” parts.
they told me to replace my main board with price “MORE THAN” the brand new price.