waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My review of the latest .86 Update.
I instantly noticed the improvements regarding the speakers. They are now officially the best speakers on any smartphone. The bass, the clarity, the depth & the quality are all BACK!!!

Call volume is back to top standards too! Very crisp, loud & clear!

One handed mode is a nice touch to have!
Calls on loudspeaker are much clearer & the microphone performance has improved. I can now be heard by the recipient of the call even if I place my phone at a considerable distance!!
Last but not least, VOLTE IN THE UK IS NOW WORKING!! This was the best surprise as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, amazing!! 😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏♥️♥️♥️.

For me personally, I don't need any more updates or tweaks. The Rog Phone 5 is officially a complete phone. Nothing I would change & nothing that needs to be fixed. I haven't noticed anything buggy or wrong so far. This phone is now border line Perfect.
All I look forward to now is Android 12 😜

Thanks ASUS 👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏
18 REPLIES 18

Aryan202
Community Legend I
By the way the mbn settings for Rog 5 have been updated (almost same as Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip)
That's why you got volte in UK 😁
So basically all major carriers in UK should support volte and VoWifi now
screenshot-20210722-210910431-281-29.jpg
These are in the mbn already enabled as you have volte it seems (sometimes they enable it through an ota even if it's already present in mbn)

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Aryan202

By the way the mbn settings for Rog 5 have been updated (almost same as Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip)

That's why you got volte in UK 😁

So basically all major carriers in UK should support volte and VoWifi now

screenshot-20210722-210910431-281-29.jpg

These are in the mbn already enabled as you have volte it seems (sometimes they enable it through an ota even if it's already present in mbn)

View post
Excellent, I appreciate your help 🤭

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
Not bad, but still at 45C software lock for throttle even with Asus cooler.

glim5520
Star II
Good for you to have Volte enable in UK.
I just hope Asus will bring Volte to Digi telco (Malaysia), been using rog 2, rog 3 and now rog 5.. still no Volte for Digi telco. Hopefully one day will have it.
Btw, love this .86 update, noticeable calling volume is fixed. Youtube play back also sound better than previous version.
Keep it up!!

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Bad update
Now it will automatically turn off rgb when you open camera app
At least they should add option to turn off or on this feature