waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My review of the latest .86 Update.
I instantly noticed the improvements regarding the speakers. They are now officially the best speakers on any smartphone. The bass, the clarity, the depth & the quality are all BACK!!!

Call volume is back to top standards too! Very crisp, loud & clear!

One handed mode is a nice touch to have!
Calls on loudspeaker are much clearer & the microphone performance has improved. I can now be heard by the recipient of the call even if I place my phone at a considerable distance!!
Last but not least, VOLTE IN THE UK IS NOW WORKING!! This was the best surprise as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, amazing!! 😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏♥️♥️♥️.

For me personally, I don't need any more updates or tweaks. The Rog Phone 5 is officially a complete phone. Nothing I would change & nothing that needs to be fixed. I haven't noticed anything buggy or wrong so far. This phone is now border line Perfect.
All I look forward to now is Android 12 😜

Thanks ASUS 👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏
18 REPLIES 18

Aryan202
Community Legend I
waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My review of the latest .86 Update.

I instantly noticed the improvements regarding the speakers. They are now officially the best speakers on any smartphone. The bass, the clarity, the depth & the quality are all BACK!!!

Call volume is back to top standards too! Very crisp, loud & clear!

One handed mode is a nice touch to have!

Calls on loudspeaker are much clearer & the microphone performance has improved. I can now be heard by the recipient of the call even if I place my phone at a considerable distance!!

Last but not least, VOLTE IN THE UK IS NOW WORKING!! This was the best surprise as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, amazing!! 😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏😀🙏♥️♥️♥️.

For me personally, I don't need any more updates or tweaks. The Rog Phone 5 is officially a complete phone. Nothing I would change & nothing that needs to be fixed. I haven't noticed anything buggy or wrong so far. This phone is now border line Perfect.

All I look forward to now is Android 12 😜

Thanks ASUS 👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏👍🙏

Rog Phone 5 Latest Update Review .86
That's great 😄
And on top of the one hand mode addition there are two more features in system color scheme, force dark mode and wallpaper tint in dark mode
Plus from what I hear the ui smoothness and thermal performance has improved too

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50942/rog-phone-5-latest-update-review-86

That's great 😄

And on top of the one hand mode addition there are two more features in system color scheme, force dark mode and wallpaper tint in dark mode

Plus from what I hear the ui smoothness and thermal performance has improved too

View post
I didn't even know about these 2 features 🤭 thanks 👍🙏

I need to check the thermals more thoroughly but so far all is perfect, just perfect 🌹

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Yeah. I also don't require any more updates. This is perhaps the best update to make the phone at its best. Will check the battery performance though. Asus can now start planning for Android 12 beta.

Hope this feedbacks from us motivates you@Gustav_ASUS S @ARP_ASUS S @Kris_ASUS @Anders_ASUS and the developers. Kindly start Android 12 development too. Looking forward.

Sibi
Rising Star II
ReaperZ_Wolf

Yeah. I also don't require any more updates. This is perhaps the best update to make the phone at its best. Will check the battery performance though. Asus can now start planning for Android 12 beta.

Hope this feedbacks from us motivates you@Gustav_ASUS S @ARP_ASUS S @Kris_ASUS @Anders_ASUS and the developers. Kindly start Android 12 development too. Looking forward.

View post
Yes no further update needed for android 11 this latest one is great...they can now focus on android 12 and ready for beta!