This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5 - heating / sim network stops working/camera stops working / wifi not working at all

thekulwindersin
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog5. 256 gb
Firmware Version: .18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday new issue.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): na
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
It all started a few days back when wifi stopped working. Now phone started heating and automatically crashing and restarting. Now in addition to that camera stopped working and came back after restarting phone twice. Phone heats a lot while charging, playing, some times when it's idle cannot predict heating thing. Today sim. Network stopped working on sim 1 and only came back after restarting phone. With every passing day phone has a new problem added to the list.
I think this was faulty piece sent over. It's still in warranty. If anyone knows some one can help.
@Gustav_ASUS

3 REPLIES 3

thekulwindersin
Star II

Indr
Rising Star II
You should go to service centre for MOBO Replacement..

I faced Wifi/Hotspot problem on 8th Sept 2021, submitted device on 9th sept 2021
Received on Yesterday, it's working well now..

Only solution is MOBO change for now..
After changing the MOBO my fingerprint sensor working flowlessly, before did not work every time, but now working awesome😂😀

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi thekulwindersingh
Apology for the experience. For now, request you to please visit the service center. Please share the RMA via PM if you have any issues during service or any issues confirm via PM as well.
This is mostly for users facing WiFi issues and it seems you are facing multiple issues
Thanks.