cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

FunBike31
Community Legend I
2.this is the worst thing that could happen, the idea at the start was to compensate for the lack of ram on the 2-4gb game entry teles to contain low prices, now it is used as a marketing performance argument by stupid builders on high-end devices. Then buy an Xaomi Mi xx or another brand that already has it if you want it.
The effects of this on the course term. (on high-end devices)
1-A user who uses 8-12 GB and + is anything but normal and the excess swap will only delay the crash due to full ram, it will not solve the problem of abnormal use as xx tabs in a browser or a buggy application.
2-manufacturers will do less and less optimization
3-developers too (and this is already the case)
Currently there is a competing system whose very high-end and very expensive devices with only 4gb of ram work as well if not better than sn888 + android devices with 12g and +
- it is impossible to achieve such a result in the market for android devices but there is still a lot to do.

Finally, you have on the Rog5 the possibility to enable zRAM, the 888 should still be powerful enough to compress / decompress the ram. but hey, in your case, like the virtual ram, I think it's going back to better jump, besides that your specific problem is not 100% identified on the ram

HeLLbOy
Star II
What is the latest System Update about (The one that happened yesterday). Why does it restart the phone whenever I launch the Armoury Crate app? Is there anyone else also facing this issue?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
No, no bug when launching Armory Crate

HeLLbOy
Star II
FunBike31

No, no bug when launching Armory Crate

View post
For me it seems to crash and restart the phone each time I launch Armory Crate, this is happening after the latest System update, as it was working fine the night before that. Even restoring to factory defaults didn't help. Seems only options for me is to either live with this 😅 or visit the service center

allbinu
Star II
In My rog phone 5 , wifi stopped working after restart ... In Hotspot is also showing error...
Now not able to turn on wifi 😔