cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

e_ayaz
Star II
Rog phone 5 için dekstop dock çıkacak mi ? Çünkü dekstop dock girişi rog phone 5 te görünmüyor ?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
e.ayaz

Rog phone 5 için dekstop dock çıkacak mi ? Çünkü dekstop dock girişi rog phone 5 te görünmüyor ?

View post
I posted a reply in the thread you made earlier. 🙂

TX11559
Rising Star I
Hey, so I did post couple of days ago about Jerry's durability of the ROG 5 that is "failed", the post got closed and there are more posts who probably will get closed as well, so..lets talk about this here as requested!

I did see the video, and also saw the second video of jerry's taking the phone apart (always pain when he does that), and it is interesting.
The Rog 1+2+3 survived yet 5 didn't, jerry's himself say it shouldn't happen as the daily users don't really apply pressure, however I have to admit I am a bit disappointed, I think the ROG 5 is very interesting, and got cool new improvements (thanks for bringing back the 3.5!) however I hope the next ROG will also be solid hard, I think it is important.
BUT, the design of the ROG 5? amazing!
What do you guys thing ?

Android
Rising Star I

TX11559

Hey, so I did post couple of days ago about Jerry's durability of the ROG 5 that is "failed", the post got closed and there are more posts who probably will get closed as well, so..lets talk about this here as requested!

I did see the video, and also saw the second video of jerry's taking the phone apart (always pain when he does that), and it is interesting.

The Rog 1+2+3 survived yet 5 didn't, jerry's himself say it shouldn't happen as the daily users don't really apply pressure, however I have to admit I am a bit disappointed, I think the ROG 5 is very interesting, and got cool new improvements (thanks for bringing back the 3.5!) however I hope the next ROG will also be solid hard, I think it is important.

BUT, the design of the ROG 5? amazing!

What do you guys thing ?

View post
The post got closed because there is an existing one here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45899/rog-5-has-failed-jerrys-durability-test/
It didn't get closed because they're trying to hide the durability problem. (Though I do hope that they acknowledge this issue)
I will say though that as an owner of a Google Nexus 6P that bending isn't that big of an issue even though that phone (Nexus 6P) was completely snapped by Jerry in half with minimal effort (granted this is just my experience and use case).
ASUS has dropped the ball multiple times such as the lack of VoLTE and band support on the ROG Phone 2, the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack in ROG Phone 3, the lack of 5G mmWave support on the ROG Phone 5 (granted this one is for people like me who are Americans living in the big city), and slow software updates. However, the bending problem (from my own personal experience with another phone) isn't that big of a deal.

As for the designs, the ROG Phone 5 Pro and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate look absolutely beautiful. The base ROG Phone 5 though is extremely ugly and is probably one of the ugliest looking phone they made in my personal opinion (not sure if it's intentional to make the premium models look even prettier in contrast). Doesn't matter much though if ASUS or a third party makes a good looking case to hide the base model's ugly rear.