This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 can no longer make or receive calls. Calls end immediately after dialing.

WiLd256
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone app
=======================================
Hello,
I've had my ROG phone 5 for a little over two months now, however, this is only now starting to become an issue. In the phone app, I can no longer receive calls and trying to send a call to someone results in the call getting ended immediately. I click the contact button, it dials for a split second before the call inexplicably ends. This problem has persisted for two days now and every single fix I have found online hasn't worked so far. I've tried switching sim trays, toggling airplane mode, resetting network settings, messing around with my mobile network settings, and even factory resetting my phone, only for this problem to persist, even though for nearly two months prior to this, my phone functioned perfectly. It isn't a problem with my sim either. After taking out the sim and putting it back into my old iPhone SE, I was able to send and receive calls perfectly fine. I would greatly appreciate a reply because I am going insane. Also, I'm on AT&T if that helps.
9 REPLIES 9

WiLd256
Star I
[Fixed!] Okay, so I think I might be an idiot because installing the most recent firmware update for the phone fixed the problem. So I suppose this issue was my bad.

keren_ASUS
Hi @WiLd256
Thank you for updating us!

lastbreath343
Star I
I am having the same issue. Everything is completely up to date. I Factory reset my Rog 5 and tried to remove and clean sim card. All other functions work great but incoming and outgoing calls are immediately ended. Any thoughts? Phone is around 3 months old

cross1307
Star II
Hi@WiLd256
How did you installed the newest firm update?
Many Zenfone users with AT&T have the same issue, including me. Neither AT&T nor ASUS support is helpful.