ROG Phone 5 Bottom Speaker Issues.

maxxalin2000
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any audio app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I am the owner of a brand new rog phone 5. I have had the phone for about a week and today I found that the bottom speaker has a problem. When I listen to any kind of sound the bottom speaker has some wierd sound like 'krr' or 'hrr' like a broken speaker when I turn up the volume. At most I have the impression that it stops for a second. I tried to restart phone or change out settings but the problem is there no matter what. What I didn't try is to factory reset the phone. The top speaker has no issue. When I received the phone I had no problems. I noticed the problem after I updated to FW but I'm not sure it's from the update or not. the phone is under warranty but before I return it I want to know if it is a hardware issue or it is a software bug. Any ideas? Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

shubhamsonani8
Star II
Yeah totally agree

impergiumix
Star I
I have a similar issue after patching, hoping now that a new patch will resolve this issue.

oudane1995
Star I
shubhamsonani8

My firmware is 18.0840.2107.151 updated on 24th August

View post
same bro all kinda of trouble even sometimes i lose all the sond in my device
in calls sometimes the upper speaker works and the opposite does when in loud speakers
i hated the phone so much so many problems
heating sond Essie's and lagging in pubg
fps drop real quick
and i cant even update the phone or downgrade the firmware?
screenshot-20210905-203754348-281-29.jpg
those are the updates and he cant even know them also a problem in Messenger would make the whole system go down

shubhamsonani8
Star II
Same bro that's the issue we can't downgrade the firmware and asus is not helping by any means.

shubhamsonani8
Star II
I am waiting for one more day as they said to wait 72 hours and then m gonna file a consumer complaint. We biy premium phones to get premium and convenient features else if this was the issue i should have bought some 200$- 300$ mobile