ROG Phone 5 Bottom Speaker Issues.

maxxalin2000
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any audio app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I am the owner of a brand new rog phone 5. I have had the phone for about a week and today I found that the bottom speaker has a problem. When I listen to any kind of sound the bottom speaker has some wierd sound like 'krr' or 'hrr' like a broken speaker when I turn up the volume. At most I have the impression that it stops for a second. I tried to restart phone or change out settings but the problem is there no matter what. What I didn't try is to factory reset the phone. The top speaker has no issue. When I received the phone I had no problems. I noticed the problem after I updated to FW but I'm not sure it's from the update or not. the phone is under warranty but before I return it I want to know if it is a hardware issue or it is a software bug. Any ideas? Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @maxxalin2000,
Please could you record it with another device so we can take a deeper look into it?
Thank you!

maxxalin2000
Star II
Hello @Irene2_ASUS
I made a video and attached.

Thank you and wait your opinion about it.

shubhamsonani8
Star II
Same happening with my speaker, after updating the bottom speaker had a crackling sound one second and it totally turned off

waxy78611
Zen Master I
shubhamsonani8

Same happening with my speaker, after updating the bottom speaker had a crackling sound one second and it totally turned off

View post
Which update? The .86 one or the latest one ?