This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Air Trigger Malfunction

LHS
Star III

My Air Trigger for ROG Phone 5 is not working again.

Last month if I remember correctly, I upgraded my system software to Android 13, and I just recently found that my air trigger isn't working anymore, and then after a couple of days, you guys (the ASUS Team) deployed an update to us, which the version is 33.0210.0210.229, and bingo, my air triggers are working again. 

And today 15 November 2023, there is a new update version 33.0210.0210.235, and of course, I did that to "Optimized System STaBilitY" which isn't even stable, and guess what? my Air Trigger not functioning again. 

Can you help? or at least I need to roll back the updated version to 33.0210.0210.229.

Thank you

45 REPLIES 45

Well "Keren" I did what you suggested and reached out to your little "repair center" and you know what they told me? Lol ready for this.. They told me that if I felt the need to send it in then I had that ability to (for a ridiculous amount of money) but that in the recent past , as recent as less that a week ago, they've had numerous people send in their phones with the exact same issue and that while I had the option to send in my phone (again for a stupid amount of $$) it wouldn't do that much good as they are already aware of the issue and have "escalated the issue and are doing their best to resolve it......" The SAME issue that people have been having for years , all the way since Android 11 BUT NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY'VE ESCALATED IT UPON MY REQUEST. I MUST BE SOMEONE SUPER SPECIAL. HUh?!? either that or it's total bull**bleep** and that's what y'all say to get people off the phone. I hope I don't have to explain to you which one I am certain is the answer.. 

You know I don't have a problem with y'all's products having bugs or errors or with the fact that you may or may not have a clue or concern what to do or how to fix it. I don't even have a problem with you guys hardly responding to the community with little to no information... 

However I DO have a problem with the simple fact that you guys can't be honest and tell the truth. It's typicall big corporation bs .. 

It's okay if you can't fix it or you don't know how to yet JUST SAY THAT. 

STOP GIVING US THESE GENERIC RESPONSES THAT DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SOLVE THE ISSUE AND JUST BE STRAIGHT UP WITH US. 

DO YOU WANT US TO BUY THE NEWER MODEL? JUST SAY IT!!! 

CAN YOU FIX THE PROBLEM BUT ARE CHOOSEING NOT TO IN AN ATTEMPT TO ONCE AGAIN URGE US TO SPEND MORE MONEY WITH YOU GUYS??? 

JUST SAY IT!!

DO YALL NOT HAVE A DANG CLUE Whats GOING ON AND ARE REALLY TRYING TO FIX THE ISSUE?? 

JUST SAY IT GDAMNIT!! 

If you only knew how many loyal customers you're loosing over something so trivial you'd probably do something about it.. while I can't speak for anyone other than me , I'd just like you to know that after being on team Asus for as long as I can remember you've officially lost me. I will not be buying anymore of your products.. 

I know I'm only one person but I promise you I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

So go ahead Asus keep up the gimmick and watch as you loose little by little all the people that are responsible for funding your crappy corporation by Buying your products year after year and putting money in your wallets . 

We deserve better. 

We at least deserve to be treated like a valued customer and you have done the exact opposite. 

Why couldn't you just be 100 with us? Are we really asking that much of you ? 

I'm out. IDC if you resolve this issue I'm done with Asus for good. I no longer care. 

I am having the same issue, I know it is software issue with the last update, any idea how to get back to older version.

How does it feel taking free money?

doing nothing just copy and paste all the solution. I really think Asus should deploy bots instead of human moderators because you are no better than a bot. Not even understanding the problem just passing your and wasting our time giving solution that feels just like your service "useless".

ZT-5e68f839
Star II

Same issue air triggers not working cooler fan triggers not working volte not an option anymore either update and fix it for us we spend a lot of money on these phones or upload the software updates to the website again so we can download and downgrade ourself

They take out the version between 200 and 235, which is 229, when 229 is out it fixed everything. i don't even know what ASUS Plotting tho. but for sure there is a lot of people having the same problem as us.