ROG KUNAI 3 Update stop function in ROG Phone 5 after Accessories Update

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 5 / ROG KUNAI 3
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.56 / 3.1.0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Home screen, Genshin Impact, basically the controller not able to be detected anymore, it keep connecting and disconnecting the in the same time repeatedly without stop once attached the controller
Recently there is an ROG KUNAI 3 accessories update, if not mistaken it is 3.1.0 version, once this update installed.
When ROG KUNAI 3 attach to ROG PHONE 5 with the ROG KUNAI Case, the controller not working normally anymore.
It keep pop out the 'attached device is not compatible...' (please refer to pictures below)
The controller light keep turning on and off with light green light (before update it will having deep green light)
I try to perform control calibration from the youtube instructions but it still didn't fix anything.
I would like to revert my ROG KUNAI 3 Controller back to 3.0.8 version which these issue won't occurred at all.
or please suggest me a solution for this issue.
screenshot-20210722-153842971.jpg
screenshot-20210722-153837833.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS
can you guys please look into this issue, definitely controller firmware related issue,
I have discover a temporary workaround fix:
1. Connect Controller to phone (using Kunai 3 Game case)
2. Launch any Game (controller malfunction, keep disconnected as issue i mentioned in post)
3. Open Game Genie, Select controller mapping option (as soon as possible, before controller disconnect)
4. At controller mapping option toggle off the Controller Mapping (as soon as possible, before controller disconnect)
5. Controller will stop having disconnected malfunction issue (re-attach controller needed something for controller to detected by phone)
6. Open Game Genie and select Controller Mapping, remove 'LT' button mapping on screen and toggle on Controller Mapping.
7. Everything work fine again. But the issue still remain as long as i map back the 'LT' button. The controller will malfunction and not able detected by phone again.

The issue definitely related to 'LT' button mapping, currently to solve this issue I have to totally disable 'LT' button which make the 'LT' button worseless.

Please check on this issue based on the information i provided.

WaitingKy
Rising Star I
it's rare to see someone has kunai 3 gamepad.
lucky for me that i'm still at 3.0.8 version and didn't experience this.
btw, did you experience any problems like in this thread? : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50846/kunai-gamepads-problems-that-need-to-be-fixed. especially number 4?
hope to see your answer!

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
WaitingKy

it's rare to see someone has kunai 3 gamepad.

lucky for me that i'm still at 3.0.8 version and didn't experience this.

btw, did you experience any problems like in this thread? : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50846/kunai-gamepads-problems-that-need-to-be-fixed. especially number 4?

hope to see your answer!

View post
got my Rog Kunai 3 for free for pre order Rog Phone 5, nope, I don't have any issue other than the one I mentioned above.
It's a very weird workaround fixes that required to temporary 'disable' the 'LT' button when playing Genshin Impact.

WaitingKy
Rising Star I
i just checked it again and found out that only my BT fw is 3.0.8. the left and right controller are both higher than 3.0.8, these fw only appear when you connect via the case. and i didn't experience what you said above
screenshot-20210727-021048284.jpg