This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5S WiFi and Hotspot does not switch on

Goku_5S
Star II

It has been 1 year and 4 months since I have purchased my ROG 5S. Ever since I updated my device to Android 13, I have faced a lot of UI issues. Sometimes the System UI will crash and the device will randomly reboot itself. 2 weeks ago, the device rebooted once again and when it came back on the Wi-Fi stopped working. When i try to switch it on from the draw menu, it will stay on "Turning On" status. If I close the drawer and open it up once again, it will go back to switch off status. If I try and switch it On from the settings menu, the button will be greyed out and will not switch on.

If I switch on the hotspot, it will throw "Error" message.

Seems like Asus is rolling out updates without testing them completely. 

I have contacted their service personnel. They asked me to boot into safe mode which did not work out. Next they asked me to factory reset the device which I am yet to do as I have to transfer all my data first.

This is not good for a company which charges a premium amount for their device and it fails within just 2 years.

It would be great if it is possible to roll back the updates and go back to Android 12 at least for the time being until they iron out al the existing issues.

Last Update release: 33.0210.0210.229

21 REPLIES 21

g_h_o_s_t
Star I

I have the same problem with my ROG Phone 5 (16GB RAM and 256GB model). Version is 33.0210.0210.235

Liqua
Star I

I've been told to factory reset, but it seems like its not worth loosing all the data since everyone here has tried it. Patch this ASAP please, or give us a rollback function! 

Like everyone here, we can't even try the solutions since the wifi adapter on the phone does not turn on! The button would stay on for a few seconds before switching off automatically.

Falcon_ASUS

@g_h_o_s_t , @Liqua 
Regarding the issue you have reported, please refer to the following FAQ to see if the situation can be resolved.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006657/  
If the issue persists, we kindly request you to send your phone for repair to further investigate the matter. Once you obtain the RMA number, please provide it to me so that I can notify the service center about your case. 

I have sent you a message, you can provide your contact information and RMA No through the message.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Goku_5S
Star II

Update:

I have sent my device for service to an authorized service provider. I have mentioned the issues and they told me the motherboard needs to be replaced. They also recommended me to send an email to official Asus support detailing all the issues and when it happened so that they "might" replace my motherboard one time for free outside of warranty.

I have also shared the details with the moderator here. Waiting to see where this goes.

I've read online that the latest patch burned out the wifi adapter. I'm in a country that has an ASUS service centre, but doesn't service the ROG Phone, nor can they get the parts to service it. So for something that was caused by ASUS, I have to RMA it out of country which isn't worth the shipping & repair price since I'm out of  the warranty period. Very disappointed in the 'quality of service' and guarantees that ASUS has that they keep advertising everywhere.