This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5S WiFi and Hotspot does not switch on

Goku_5S
Star II

It has been 1 year and 4 months since I have purchased my ROG 5S. Ever since I updated my device to Android 13, I have faced a lot of UI issues. Sometimes the System UI will crash and the device will randomly reboot itself. 2 weeks ago, the device rebooted once again and when it came back on the Wi-Fi stopped working. When i try to switch it on from the draw menu, it will stay on "Turning On" status. If I close the drawer and open it up once again, it will go back to switch off status. If I try and switch it On from the settings menu, the button will be greyed out and will not switch on.

If I switch on the hotspot, it will throw "Error" message.

Seems like Asus is rolling out updates without testing them completely. 

I have contacted their service personnel. They asked me to boot into safe mode which did not work out. Next they asked me to factory reset the device which I am yet to do as I have to transfer all my data first.

This is not good for a company which charges a premium amount for their device and it fails within just 2 years.

It would be great if it is possible to roll back the updates and go back to Android 12 at least for the time being until they iron out al the existing issues.

Last Update release: 33.0210.0210.229

21 REPLIES 21

@Sorarii
Regarding the issue you have reported, please refer to the following FAQ to see if the situation can be resolved.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006657/  
If the issue persists, we kindly request you to send your phone for repair to further investigate the matter. Once you obtain the RMA number, please provide it to me so that I can notify the service center about your case. 

I have sent you a message, you can provide your contact information and RMA No through the message.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Goku_5S
Star II

Update on this:

I did a factory reset yesterday after backing up all of my data. The same issue persists. The system is still on the latest update which is: 33.0210.0210.229

I have been advised to send my device to Asus service center. I will be sending the device probably by next week and see what they say. Will keep this thread updated. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Cheers!

If you have time to go through some old messages in the Rog 5 forum, you can view thousands of threads reporting the same issue as you said.  I have replaced the motherboard twice on my Rog 5. At first, I encountered persistent issues with my ROG 5 (8/128), specifically related to Wi-Fi and hotspot connectivity after 5 months of purchase. To address these problems, I submitted my device to the service center for repair. The motherboard replacement took approximately 36 days to complete, during which my phone was in service. This extended downtime was certainly inconvenient. However, the real shock came when, just few months after the initial motherboard replacement, my phone became completely dead. This occurred shortly after the warranty had expired.

Upon contacting the service center, I was informed that I would need to pay a hefty sum of 48,000 INR for another motherboard replacement. This amount was equivalent to the cost of a new phone! and understandably, I was reluctant to proceed with this expense.

In response, I escalated the issue by reaching out to ASUS officials through numerous emails. After persistent communication and outlining the recurring nature of the motherboard problem, ASUS finally agreed to replace the motherboard under a one-time warranty extension. This time also the phone was in the service centre for about 40-50 days.

Due to the recurrent issues and my concerns about the motherboard's reliability, I never played a single game since then using my ROG 5, so called gaming phone fearing that it might cause further damage to the motherboard.

ArunJRK
Star I

I am also having the same issue. Asus please help by reverting this update

@ArunJRK 
Regarding the issue you have reported, please refer to the following FAQ to see if the situation can be resolved.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006657/  
If the issue persists, we kindly request you to send your phone for repair to further investigate the matter. Once you obtain the RMA number, please provide it to me so that I can notify the service center about your case. 

I have sent you a message, you can provide your contact information and RMA No through the message.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.