cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 throttles while gaming

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
thermalthrottling.png
Well after LTT and GSMarena have noted throttling I was still wondering how the phone would perform in genshin impact. Someone finally used perfdog to note the FPS down over a longer period and to nobodies surprise I guess, it throttles. Red magic 6 seems like a much better for gamers at this point.
19 REPLIES 19

NBPDC505
Star III
If you dislike the phone so much, why are you here?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
NBPDC505

If you dislike the phone so much, why are you here?

View post
2 reasons.
1.) To inform people of issues and possible deal breakers before they want to purchase. If you want to purchase the phone despite all the flaws, then by all means go ahead and purchase it, I just want to make sure people know what they are buying. It's the same reason why many Rog3 users are frustrated with their prucahse because nobody pointed out the color banding to them before it was too late.
2.) To make sure the next rog phone will not make the same mistakes the Rog5 does. As I'm interested in the development and future of the Rog phone series as a whole.

yosef019
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

thermalthrottling.png

Well after LTT and GSMarena have noted throttling I was still wondering how the phone would perform in genshin impact. Someone finally used perfdog to note the FPS down over a longer period and to nobodies surprise I guess, it throttles. Red magic 6 seems like a much better for gamers at this point.

Rog 5 throttles while gaming
and if u use redmagic / black shark cooler on rog 5 will it trotle?

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt does rog 3 throttle?