Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2104.49
Rooted or not:not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System setting
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I just today bought my new rog 5 and I had previously used zenfone 5z and 6z and in both I had an option under display settings to change the system accent along with qs tiles and icons shape change..and I saw in reviewing videos of zenfone 8 that it is available on that phone as well...it would be great if that feature is added to rog series as well...kindly take this feedback..waiting for seeing the feature in my rog 5
11 REPLIES 11

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sibi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version:18.0840.2104.49
  3. Rooted or not:not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System setting

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi, I just today bought my new rog 5 and I had previously used zenfone 5z and 6z and in both I had an option under display settings to change the system accent along with qs tiles and icons shape change..and I saw in reviewing videos of zenfone 8 that it is available on that phone as well...it would be great if that feature is added to rog series as well...kindly take this feedback..waiting for seeing the feature in my rog 5

Rog 5 Theme Customisation
Our ROG Phones do not offer this option as as it would come in conflict with the theme. Simply put, the code behind it doesn't allow for it without bugs etc. So please use My Theme to give you your desired style

Sibi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49317/rog-5-theme-customisation

Our ROG Phones do not offer this option as as it would come in conflict with the theme. Simply put, the code behind it doesn't allow for it without bugs etc. So please use My Theme to give you your desired style

View post
But zenfone 5z had both theme store and the above mentioned theme style as well no bugs was there...all the users will know how to use...so if people want theme they will use theme and if people prefer the stock accent change they will use that....it would be nice if the option is given as many prefer changing accent instead of changing whole theme

Sibi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
But we cannot change icon and qs tiles shapes and accent colors alone..theme changes whole ui and theme does not changes the qs and icon shapes! It only changes accent color..so the option added would be much useful!

thejus44
Star III
Anders_ASUS

View post
Is there any way to make it happen? Because I would love to change, at the very least, icon shapes and accent colors. I really don't like the rounded corners that is prevalent in Android these days, changing icon shape to square always got rid of that. At the very least is it possible to include a color picker to choose the accent color?