This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 not getting updates.

Redbeard
Star I
Please tell me the current Firmware Version of The Indian Version of Rog 5.
My phone got blacked out in 3 months after buying the phone. My motherboard got replaced. I bought the 8 gb version they gave the 12 gb Ram's motherboard. But I'm not getting any updates after that.my security patch is still from September only. Please tell me should i manually update the new version or keep it the old version only
3 REPLIES 3

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Redbeard

My phone got blacked out in 3 months after buying the phone. My motherboard got replaced. I bought the 8 gb version they gave the 12 gb Ram's motherboard. But I'm not getting any updates after that.my security patch is still from September only. Please tell me should i manually update the new version or keep it the old version only

Why would you want to upgrade the firmware of this phone at all?
Their latest firmwares .210 and .226 have a lot issues, they will downgrade your performance so bad that even cheap android phone under 20K will perform better than this shit they call a gaming phone.
Try reading the forum sometimes.
MT0

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/IWS09CW5GRTB/trash-performance.mp4

ROG 5 Joke performance even after the latest update .226

ExodusCODM

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: .226 (latest)
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always (in game genie)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): every game (tested in Call of Duty Mobile and genshin impact)

Game tuning (and even X mode) is not increasing the cpu clock speed as it used to before the last update. As a result, the experience is not as smooth as it used to be before .206 update. I tested in call of duty mobile (cpu clock can't go beyond 1.42 ghz) and genshin impact (can't go beyond 1.06 ghz).

Additionally, RGB Aura lighting is still bugged: if music lighting is kept on, it's treating game sounds as music and interacting to its beats.

The latest FW update (.226) didn't fix these issues. Kindly look forward; many, including myself, have already reported these issues previously.

========================================

Game genie is still bugged even after FW update

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Redbeard,
The latest version is [220210] ROG Phone 5 _WW_18.0840.2201.226
If you are not able to get OTA updates, request you to manually update.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Redbeard

I strongly advise you to stay on this firmware version, .86 is the least buggy, the following versions have only brought new bugs. The fixes are very specific and if you're not concerned don't update just yet.

Here are the corrections that deserve your attention, see if this concerns you.
Fixed an issue where Instagram would crash when launched as a twin app
Fixed the abnormal use of U-mobile APP in India
Fixed an issue with screen abnormalities when playing PUBG: NEW STATE
Fixed the problem of perspective in the game ‘World War Heroes’
Fixed issue where incoming call cannot enter call mode when the Sabbat E12 Ultra headset is connected
Optimize scrolling smoothness in 144 Hz
Fixed issue with sending MMS messages on Optus Australia
Fixed an issue where some videos played through apps would get stuck and without response.
Fixed issue where AirTriggers would become insensitive after opening Taobao APP

The complete list is here in the description of each Firmware, but beware, some statements are false and sometimes even the opposite. here are the main ones
-Optimized audio parameters: The .86 has the only major fix, everything else is rubbish
- Optimize system stability: these different statements should have been a deterioration in stability and in-game experience
-- reduction of the CPU frequency with greedy games related to the temperature
-- random reboot as often if not more for those concerned
-- Introduction of a BUG qti.com.service not fixed to date.
-- Introduction of Bug in Armory Create
- Optimize the charging experience function, here too ASUS should have written, deterioration of the charging experience, protocols like PD / PPS are not even recognized anymore
This is not exhaustive, I could spend the day there

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Phone%205%20(ZS673KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

The only reason to upgrade to .226, at the cost of a disastrous user experience, is to add Google security fixes. If you do not use a hack or other programs that do not come from the PlayStore, if you browse the Internet safely and if you pay attention to SMS and emails received, stay in .86

Also ask ASUS for explanations after your repair, the reason for not receiving an OTA is an unlocking of the BootLoader for example, a Root and other reasons, all these operations void the warranty. Report this impossible OTA to ASUS service center in writing, @ARP_ASUS answer is not satisfactory, you can update manually, but Why and what are the future implications