Thug_Life
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5s
Firmware Version: m3.13.24.63
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: daily/frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone motherboard is replaced twice. I know this is a known issue for this model phone and Asus got no fix for this.
My problem now is with the mobile network. It always shows No Mobile Network. Im facing this issue even before the phone motherboard is changed. It works fine in a different phone. I even have replaced the SIM card but still the same. It happens frequently and most of the time my phone network is unavailable. I can't make calls and also receive calls. I have tried reset the network settings by turning On the Airplane mode and turn it off but still no luck (even i know this fix won't work). The network will come again for awhile then it goes back with no network. Is this also another known issue for this model or is there any network setting that i need check/change?
Note, the phone firmware is up-to-date.

7 REPLIES 7

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I don't think it comes from the Firmware but please note that you don't know what the Firmware is since you indicate the software version of the GPS, therefore difficult to ensure that the firmware is up to date.
Otherwise, it looks like a badly connected cable or internal antenna, the device has not suffered a shock?

Thug_Life
Star II
FunBike31

I don't think it comes from the Firmware but please note that you don't know what the Firmware is since you indicate the software version of the GPS, therefore difficult to ensure that the firmware is up to date.

Otherwise, it looks like a badly connected cable or internal antenna, the device has not suffered a shock?

View post
My bad for the wrong firmware version. Please find attached the firmware version.
The issue was there since i bought this phone. Did some online search and found out there are few users who are facing the same issue. It seems to be a common issue for this phone model. Please let us know if there is any fix for this at the moment? Thank you.
Issue: Cellular Network Issues and Mobile Data not working on Asus ROG Phone 5

zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56988/rog-5-no-cell-phone-network-connection
Androidcatch.com/common-problems-of-asus-rog-phone-5-and-solutions/
www.rootingsteps.com/common-problems-in-asus-rog-phone-5-pro/
www.getdroidtips.com/common-problems-in-asus-rog-phone-5/#Mobile-data-not-working

FunBike31
Community Legend I
No, signal loss is not a common problem on Rog 5 & 5S.
The 3 links you put are generic, we find the same links with any other name than the name Rog 5.
The common problem is the disappearance of the SIM1 and the loss of mobile data randomly when changing the antenna, it has nothing to do with the signal and the sensitivity.
Either you're unlucky and got the wrong one or the antennas weren't reconnected and routed correctly or you didn't buy the phone for the country it was intended for, in which case you you may only have one compatible frequency band or not the right authorized power, but only you can know that.
Normally, for this point, the ASUS moderators should be able to answer you with the right indications from you, exact model, country of residence, operator used.

Thug_Life
Star II
FunBike31

View post
Cellular Network Issues and Mobile Data not working on Asus ROG Phone 5
Bl00dh0und4

whatsapp-image-2022-01-08-at-18-32-14.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2022-01-08-at-18-32-14-281-29.jpeg

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version:18.0840.2112.210
  3. Rooted or not:not rootet
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:continuous
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):N/A

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello everyone have a serious problem with my ROG 5.

I sat in the car today at noon and wanted to do some errands.

Spotify starts and all of a sudden the music stopped.

We drove to the right to see what was going on.

In the status bar, however, there was no longer any 4G + network traffic.

Well restarted my cell phone and now I have no network.

I have tested 4 different SIM cards from different providers.

the problem is the same for all 4. Cell phone reset and problem still there.

the ".12345 + =" test under the SIM signal test fails. I also don't have a GPS anymore.

The device has never been dropped or modified. Would be grateful for any help.

ROG 5 no cell phone network connection
https://androidcatch.com/common-problems-of-asus-rog-phone-5-and-solutions/