MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
screenshot-20220225-185443897.jpg
But why the score is still high??

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205627#Comment_205627

we all feel the same way bro, at this point I'm planning on selling this phone for at least 500 to 600 dollars or lest tbh, and save the extra cash and get the new black shark pro 4 if they don't address the issue anytime soon. don't get me wrong I love the asus rog products from computer parts, headphones, mouse, router, chair. I have most of them, and this rog phone 5 is my first purchase on their phone line up series but I didn't know how bad their phone department is, at first the phone is running perfect on it's first debut in order for the reviewers to see how impressive it is but soon after the review are over.... they made us their genie pig to test each of their update without checking its stability and performance...... and the results the phone performance just deteriorate, all of the sudden you'll experience no sound issue for both speaker where you have to attach a Bluetooth speaker or headphone just to get a sound, wifi problem, sudden shutdown to the point you can't turn in on anymore and more. Trust me I experience all of that less than a year for this phone... I've been at the service center 2 times already just to replace the motherboard and speaker for the phone to work again. And now this cpu clock speed issue.. this make it clear I would rather avoid buying Asus phone products in the future and choose a reliable and stable brand which cause less.

View post
Well, I use to like Asus products too but not anymore after this horrible experience. I would not recommend Asus even to my worst enemy.
I mostly buy Asus Products when its related to Gaming which is why I bought this phone. I own 2 Asus gaming monitors, an ROG Motherboard, Graphics Card, Router and now the Phone.
I have never felt such a disappointment and buying Asus phone is the greatest mistake I had made in my life.

MT0
Rising Star II
Jaga Lilin

View post
I don't think were on same page I can clearly see your using the rog 5 ultimate on the pic that you attach which I dont think it effects you ,in our case is the classic rog 5 vanilla that is having issue like my cousin who has the rog 5s pro that the cpu run perfectly at it should.

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
Maybe you guys don't know how to use your phone at it full power🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lastest update event make it easier we don't need to tweak as much as it used to be

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Jaga Lilin

View post
Benchmark and real world performance where you experience it yourself are two very different things bro.
Just because the scores looks high doesn't mean its performing well.
And I know this is not the performance that I had experienced when first bought the phone.