Haymanata
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: RKQ1.201022.002.WW_Phone-18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello guys,
I was keep on watch for Android 12 for my phone which is Asus Rog Phone 5 Ultimate and i pop up on strange behavior. My Phone don't want to automatically update from 18.0830.2101.86 which i got on 1 August 2021. Keep checking for updates, but always say is no updates. So can you give me tips how to move forward with updates or manually to update my phone.
How is behaving this phone model with newest update - Is good or bad, slow down the phone, is not stable and etc.?
Thank you,
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
What is it marked on the back, Tencent Games or Republic of Gamers?

What is certain on the Rog 5 is that after the .86 update there was a bug on the load, (partially fixed on .188), after the audio is deteriorated, fixed in .226 then .229 and from .196 or .200 a lower temperature limit, therefore a drop in performance at equal temperature between >.86 and .86, of memory, the worst being .226
For Android 12, "which I didn't put", the performance must be equivalent to firmwares .229 and .231, in any case, at equal temperature, worse than with .86 and earlier

Haymanata
Star I
FunBike31

What is it marked on the back, Tencent Games or Republic of Gamers?

What is certain on the Rog 5 is that after the .86 update there was a bug on the load, (partially fixed on .188), after the audio is deteriorated, fixed in .226 then .229 and from .196 or .200 a lower temperature limit, therefore a drop in performance at equal temperature between >.86 and .86, of memory, the worst being .226

For Android 12, "which I didn't put", the performance must be equivalent to firmwares .229 and .231, in any case, at equal temperature, worse than with .86 and earlier

View post
Thank you for fast response!
Both Rog Logo and Tencent Games.
So after saying all, are you advise me not to update for the moment further?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
It's hard to say, it depends on several different factors for each user.
1* Security Patch
- Important if you install APKs that do not come from the PlayStore or if you use Internet, messaging, and other applications indiscriminately, a little attention gives more security than patches.
2* Do you have an annoying/Blocking Bug in .86 which is corrected by one of the firwmares .151 to .231
https://rog.asus.com/en/phones/rog-phone-5-ultimate-model/helpdesk_bios/
For example the .176 fixes, be careful, if you don't currently have one of the fixed bugs, either you don't use the software or the function, so no need to update, or you don't have any problem like 4 or 5, then the bug fixes a bug introduced with firmware .151
2. Fixed the problem of perspective in the game ‘World War Heroes’
3. Fixed issue where incoming call cannot enter call mode when the Sabbat E12 Ultra headset is connected
4. Optimize scrolling smoothness in 144Hz
5. Fixed the problem of abnormal lighting time of "Notification" in Aura light
3* Disregard the following annotations "1. Optimized system performance
2. Optimized audio parameters"
in the patches, it's just a joke, for the audio it's found an audio as it was in .86, for the performances it's a reduction in performance by a reduction in the CPU / GPU frequency which starts at 40°, without an effective fan like the BS4 or the future Aerocooler 6, heavy games like Gensing Impact or even BGMI are barely usable. If it was supposed to avoid Wifi-Hotspot failures, it failed too.
4* Do you like the interface of Android 12, it brings almost nothing, and Maeriel You personally for me it's a major step back, imposed by Google we will have to go through it, so we might as well wait for Android 13 and the evolution of You equipment which will be more in line with what users expect.

5* I think I have given you enough data to make your choice, personally I am waiting for Android 13 and even more AeroCooler 6 for ROG 5, unfortunately which will arrive after the summer, there will remain the usefulness of the 2 additional triggers

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Oop I forgot the main thing, your Model being the Tencent with a Global Firmware "ww" and therefore unlocked with Unlock Device App, you no longer have OTA updates, you have to do the updates manually from the ASUS download.
No more warranty or support from ASUS, only the seller of the device is able to fix a hardware problem, which they never do, so take care.