Haymanata
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: RKQ1.201022.002.WW_Phone-18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello guys,
I was keep on watch for Android 12 for my phone which is Asus Rog Phone 5 Ultimate and i pop up on strange behavior. My Phone don't want to automatically update from 18.0830.2101.86 which i got on 1 August 2021. Keep checking for updates, but always say is no updates. So can you give me tips how to move forward with updates or manually to update my phone.
How is behaving this phone model with newest update - Is good or bad, slow down the phone, is not stable and etc.?
Thank you,
6 REPLIES 6

Haymanata
Star I
FunBike31

Oop I forgot the main thing, your Model being the Tencent with a Global Firmware "ww" and therefore unlocked with Unlock Device App, you no longer have OTA updates, you have to do the updates manually from the ASUS download.

No more warranty or support from ASUS, only the seller of the device is able to fix a hardware problem, which they never do, so take care.

View post
Hello FunBike31,
I don't have any touch with Android 12, so i don't know, i was waiting auto update to make it, but is not happening. Only thing which is annoying me is when i go to Settings -> Security and Lock screen there is two options - one is "Security Update" another one is "Google Play system update". Anything else is not bothering me and wondering if new updates giving better performance as phone, coz i mostly use it as phone, some web browsing and slacky gaming like Rush Royale, World Tennis Pro and Diablo Immortal . The Phone is absolutely amazing and i love it with every sec i use it.
Also about Unlock Device App did not use any software for that. This is how i got it (delivered), everything was tight and box was locked the way how it is suppose to be (checked some unbox videos before my phone to be in my hands). So i did not see any outside entry in my package. Maybe happen when i connect my Mobile Operator or when i connect to internet.
Thank you for your assistance. I finally found why i am stuck with .86 even Asus support did not know my reason 😉

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.