Did you mean: 

Messages Stopped Dialogue box shown

Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Latest .176
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Just Once today(First time seen)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Default Messages App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today when I check facebook suddenly a dialogue box appers, Messages stopped, don't know what is this?
There is a option for submit feedback, Just submitted the feedback, don't know where my feedback goes? But when submitting, I accept the terms for 'GOOGLE LEGAL'
What is this thing? How to solve this error?? So many bugs now a days 🥲
7 REPLIES 7

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I can't understand your problem, can you take a screenshot?
and what did you do to solve the 1st problem, nothing or what ronald1985 wrote

Indr
Rising Star II
FunBike31

I can't understand your problem, can you take a screenshot?

and what did you do to solve the 1st problem, nothing or what ronald1985 wrote

View post
I just Clear The cache & force stop Message app, that's it

FunBike31
Community Legend I
the message application was buggy, there was an update yesterday, so that doesn't surprise me.
Do the same with the banking app.
As a general rule, clearing the caches of frequently used applications and turning off the phone before updating the firmware can't hurt. Maybe in 2030 or 2040 Google will release a more stable system but I very much doubt it, the proliferation of equipment and the speed of changes imposed by marketing and users are the opposite of stability, not to mention even the principle of open-source programming and therefore of the various sources of software and drivers. astonishing that a bug on a rog 5 could come from samsung or other oem for example but it is like that