This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost function to wifi and hotspot

Ashwood
Star II

using a ROG5, phone was fine until it went to the latest update. 33.0210.02110.235. i lost the capability to turn on hotspot and wifi. lost capability as in it didnt want to be switch on, cannot find any wifi signal and hotspot just state error. is there a fix or a rollback update i can do?

7 REPLIES 7

Ashwood
Star II

is there no fix to this yet? consider getting a new phone if this doesn't get fixed. 

Had the same issue, the patch burned out your physical wifi adapter - its a gonner, with the repair price to RMA the motherboard out of warranty is basically a new device (If you can even RMA it in your country).

Moni22
Star II

Even I have same issue don't format ur mobile it is mother board issue and it won't fix if the service team replace the mother still u will face same issue after 1yr 1 month, and this will repeat because Rog phone is like. 

Ashwood
Star II

thanks for the replies. at least i got a clear understanding. feels kinda bad that a company applied an update that will kill of our phones and will do nothing about it. makes me rethink of getting the next rog, if a scummy action is on this phone, i wont take chances on the next version. might as well get something else like the redmagic or something. thanks all