Frawen
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 11
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime it boot
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, i just got a Rog Phone 5 few weeks ago and i have noticed a problem and i don't have any idea how to solve it.

I don't know if i'm the only one having this issue, but, when i boot my phone, plug a jack headphone and then play a song (youtube or music, whatever the problem remains) it will be inaudible with creaking sound, then is i play other stuff, like an other music or video, sound will be fixed even i unplug and replug after that. I feel like if you're asking to play a sound to your phone it will automatically sound like that if a jack headphone is plugged AND if this is the first sound made by your phone since yoo booted it. I tried to enable some sound settings, disable others, but nothing. I forgot to say, but of course i tried to plug differents headphones, and after that, i started to think maybe usbc headphone could be better ? so i bought one, but when i use it, the phone autoreboot, so impossible to listen music, my last option was to use jack headphone with an adaptator jack to usbc but as you might expected, it was still rebooting so i can't listen music without a problem

I didn't saw anyone with that kind of problem, but I for sure, saw a lot of other sound problem and bad stuff from this phone, so tell me, if you have any idea about how i could fix it
1 REPLY 1

FunBike31
Community Legend I
11 is not a Firmware version but Android version, that said, rebooting the phone when plugging in a USB-C headset or fan is caused by firmware Version CN-18.1220.2112.176
Consult the Manual and Document section of the Asus site for your country to identify the version of your firmware, this must be on page 3 in all languages.
https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-5s-model/helpdesk_manual
Then go to the Bios and Firmware section to download and update your Rog 5s with this version WW-18.1220.2201.192
You can also ask your rog 5s if there is a new version, but it may offer you Android 12, which I do not recommend for now.