Idk
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:After I got my phone back from the service center
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone had those issues which everyone have,the wifi/hotspot stopped working and shortly after the phone died and never worked again.Sent it to the service center,the motherboard got replaced and I got my phone back after 2 weeks.
After I turned on the phone,I saw that the armoury crate version that I have is not for the normal Rog phone 5(the one with the rog logo on the back,that I own) ,it is for the Rog Phone 5 Pro(the one with the screen on the back).
I also tried to use the fingerprint,but it didn't work at all.I did a test on the calculator using ".12345+="and it says that the fingerprint is working.
I think they installed a wrong firmware version on my phone and thats why the fingerprint and the rgb is not working.
Anyways....How can you guys do such mistakes?Man..
I attached some pictures,explaining my issues much better
screenshot-20211027-132623600.jpg
screenshot-20211027-132633792.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133355948.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133409084.jpg
received-858020611573168.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

Idk
Star III
Lord_Messi

You should come back to service center and ask them to flash your phone and install proper driver

View post
I guess I will do that.Dont know when tbh cuz I need my phone for online classes.Cant they fix it from distance?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Idk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192062#Comment_192062

I guess I will do that.Dont know when tbh cuz I need my phone for online classes.Cant they fix it from distance?

View post
It's possible to do almost everything remotely, fortunately, otherwise I would have to move a technician anywhere in the EU, but hey, in the professional world, Motorola, Datalogic, Honnewell foresees this from the design of the terminal and we let's use a specific program.
However, Asus should be able to let you download the correct Firmware and instructions for installing it, you will most likely need ADB as well.

Idk
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192200#Comment_192200

It's possible to do almost everything remotely, fortunately, otherwise I would have to move a technician anywhere in the EU, but hey, in the professional world, Motorola, Datalogic, Honnewell foresees this from the design of the terminal and we let's use a specific program.

However, Asus should be able to let you download the correct Firmware and instructions for installing it, you will most likely need ADB as well.

View post
Thanks a lot for helping me brother.I'm new on this forum,but from what I ve seen on other posts a asus moderator should comment on my post and give me some instructions if Im right?Thanks a lot to all of you guys.

Idk
Star III
I was waiting for a reply from Asus but it looks like they dont bother

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Idk

I was waiting for a reply from Asus but it looks like they dont bother

View post
Tagged them and send the problem by MP, it's been almost a month 😞