Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: On each battery cycle
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome 92.0.4515.131
Attaching screenshot of battery usage from 100% to 10% :
screenshot-20210806-223309691.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

lorpagu
Star I
I have uniform app usage but then again I use Firefox. But overall battery span sucks, I don't even game or use much and it barely last 1.5days, just like my old 3000mah phones. Some bs going on around the 6000mah figure.

What does your battery capacity show up on apps like accubattery? Mine shows that usable capacity is 3000mah out of 6000mah(detects total capacity). Not even 1 month old phone for me.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi nikhil,
Please follow the below:
Share your SOT(Screen on time) after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern (Twice)
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same
If the chrome is still present and using too much battery, clear cache and storage and reinstall the App.
Factory reset once and report back.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
nikhil_kaimal

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180247#Comment_180247

Do you use it perhaps at a higher brightness and refresh rate ?

View post
I use auto for brightness and refresh rate

FunBike31
Community Legend I
lorpagu

I have uniform app usage but then again I use Firefox. But overall battery span sucks, I don't even game or use much and it barely last 1.5days, just like my old 3000mah phones. Some bs going on around the 6000mah figure.

What does your battery capacity show up on apps like accubattery? Mine shows that usable capacity is 3000mah out of 6000mah(detects total capacity). Not even 1 month old phone for me.

View post
Hello,
Reading the first 3 accubattery reviews would certainly have allowed you to know even before installing it that it was going to detect you a 3000 mAh battery 🙂 and this is the case for the majority of applications of the same type which are unable to provide reliable information with the new technologies implemented on the battery.

The Android paradox and battery software and accelerators / cleaners and other cpu and memory optimizers
90% are popular with users
99% are useless, at best they do nothing, but most of the time they do more harm than good.

Luchulainn
Star III
Can also confirm from screenshot that Chrome is a massive battery drain. Look at usage time compared to something like YouTube further down the list.