This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion and frustration with Asus Rog phone 5 repair: motherboard replacement, misinformation, and

CarolJenkins
Star I

I purchased my Asus Rog phone 5 in February 2021, but unfortunately, it stopped working in the first week of March 2022. When I reached out to Asus for assistance, I was informed that the motherboard needed to be replaced and that the repair would cost around Rs. 42,000. However, due to misinformation provided by the Asus team, I made several decisions that ultimately led to me requesting that the Asus service center in Ernakulam, Kerala e-recycle the device parts in September 2022.

Recently, when checking my Google account settings, I was prompted to verify my Asus Rog phone 5 in the 'Signed In Devices' section. To my surprise, it indicated that the phone was online just 270 days ago, which does not align with the timeline of events. Specifically, it has been over a year since the motherboard was reported as dead, and I was informed that the warranty had expired, so replacing the motherboard was my only option, even though it had been less than a week since the warranty expired. Moreover, I was told that my data would be removed during the repair process.

However, I wonder if the motherboard could have been fixed rather than replaced, or if there was a different issue altogether that led to the wrong diagnosis. If that is the case, it would have been possible to reuse the parts, which could have led to the false notification that my phone was online 270 days ago. As a result, it doesn't make sense to be asked to pay Rs. 41,000 to replace a dead motherboard that might have been fixable all along. Can someone please help me understand the situation!?🙏

5 REPLIES 5

rahulpaswan
Star I

Please check local phone repair. If your luck better they can repair in 200 or 300 rupees.

I was previously faced this problem

Service centre expert say needs to change motherboard of Rog 3. cost  i hear i shocked it's better to buy new one

But when I coming to home there is a mobile repair shop . I familiar with him he was good phone repair  I want to check him go to his shop he asked me where I am walking I tell him whole story

He say he try his best and finally find problem then repair motherboard but he charged only 100 rupees and I give him 100 rupees with 600rs sweets. I don't know why service centre looting you know there cost they said 45000 rs

Find best repair give them they repair maximum cost I think 2000 or 3000  does not give new repair person. Sorry for my bad English 

Good luck

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @CarolJenkins 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Why don't you guys simply shut up. Don't behave like bots. You don't give proper solution and respond when required 

Omkar13579
Star III

Official Service centers usually dont try to do board level repairs and recommend a motherboard replacement because its the option least likely to go wrong based on technician expertise. if its out of warranty and your only option is to recycle its definitely worth checking out local repair centers as they do practice board level repairs and possibly could fix your phone for really cheap. This however could only be a temporary solution or could end up damaging your device further depending on their skill.