This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODM and other games, after software update to .49, performance drops drastically

journeywithme06
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version:LATEST
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Codm, MLBB, Pubg genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Performance drops after update to .49. Also the phones gets very hot. This does not happen with the .26 update, so I really don't why this is happening. This phone just literally gone to worse.
Before the update you can even play with codm without using x mode and the phone is not that hot. Right now, with .49 update. Even with x mode. Phone stutters.n
I don't know anymore. Its like this phone was sold for trial and error purpose and for an update, which might or might not solve the issue, we have to wait weeks for it to be release. Damn. So disappointed. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
journeywithme06

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version:LATEST
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: FREQUENT
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Codm, MLBB, Pubg genshin impact

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Performance drops after update to .49. Also the phones gets very hot. This does not happen with the .26 update, so I really don't why this is happening. This phone just literally gone to worse.

Before the update you can even play with codm without using x mode and the phone is not that hot. Right now, with .49 update. Even with x mode. Phone stutters.n

I don't know anymore. Its like this phone was sold for trial and error purpose and for an update, which might or might not solve the issue, we have to wait weeks for it to be release. Damn. So disappointed. Please help.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/EWLHZXPPWC2H/2021-06-05-12-14-22.mp4

CODM and other games, after software update to .49, performance drops drastically
How often does this happen during 10m of gaming and how long does it take before it starts happening? Is it always sudden fps drops like this or mostly slower performance the longer you play?

Sibi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48988/codm-and-other-games-after-software-update-to-49-perfor...

How often does this happen during 10m of gaming and how long does it take before it starts happening? Is it always sudden fps drops like this or mostly slower performance the longer you play?

View post
After opening game for avg 10mins if the phone gets warm the cpu clock gets down causing the game fps to go low and causing stuttering

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48988/codm-and-other-games-after-software-update-to-49-perfor...

View post
Always fps drops and stuttering. Even when you are not playing for 10 minutes., as soon as the temperature reaches 48 degrees C. It will have an fps drop and stuttering. I mostly play codm. And because of this issue.m, it is really giving me a lot of frustration. This does not happened before. Maximum recorded temp was 55 degrees, but the performance is still okay. There are fps drops like 5 to 7 but no stuttering.
Screen recording for microphone input is not working as well.
I would also want to confirm. The clockspeed of rog 5 is 2.84 Ghz. Why are we only having 1.56Ghz even with aero cooler. Is this a bug? No matter what we do, do customize/hardcore tuning in settings. Still the same. Why are we not getting the 2.84 Ghz?

Sibi
Rising Star II
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171576#Comment_171576

Always fps drops and stuttering. Even when you are not playing for 10 minutes., as soon as the temperature reaches 48 degrees C. It will have an fps drop and stuttering. I mostly play codm. And because of this issue.m, it is really giving me a lot of frustration. This does not happened before. Maximum recorded temp was 55 degrees, but the performance is still okay. There are fps drops like 5 to 7 but no stuttering.

Screen recording for microphone input is not working as well.

I would also want to confirm. The clockspeed of rog 5 is 2.84 Ghz. Why are we only having 1.56Ghz even with aero cooler. Is this a bug. No matter what we do, do customize/hardcore tuning in settings. Still the same. Why are we not getting the 2.84 Ghz?

View post
Yaa i too saw in review videos that clock speed goes 2.84 even without aero cooler..but in my experience in last 1week after I bought the device it doesn't raises above 1.5ghz even when the temperature is below 36..it shows only 1.5-1.6ghz and drops as low as 1.4ghz when temperature Reaches 45°