This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn on the "Blink light" option?

akmtshun
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.57
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: When charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
Hello.
Recently, I have bought ROG Phone 5 and have successfully upgraded to Android 12 (version: WW-31.0810.1226.57). Is it normal that:
(1) The LED indicator (not that one on the rear of the phone) does not blink when the phone is in charge and a notification (e.g., WhatsApp message) arrives?
(2) The system will automatically turn off the option "Blink light" (In Settings → Apps & notifications → General) after a user manually turned it on?
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
1) The charging LED (solid red), 100% charging (solid green) only flashes if the device is in standby when a notification arrives. If it is charging with the screen on, the LED is not used (unfortunately, in a gaming session, being able to flash the LED on a call or a priority message would be a real plus)
2) I'm still on 11 and this option does not exist but Android 12 users have already reported that custom settings revert to default on restart of the device

akmtshun
Star I
FunBike31

1) The charging LED (solid red), 100% charging (solid green) only flashes if the device is in standby when a notification arrives. If it is charging with the screen on, the LED is not used (unfortunately, in a gaming session, being able to flash the LED on a call or a priority message would be a real plus)

2) I'm still on 11 and this option does not exist but Android 12 users have already reported that custom settings revert to default on restart of the device

View post
@FunBike31 , thank you.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
This is a known UI error that is being fixed in a future update. Thanks for reaching out.