This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Not Working WITH potential fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My ROG 5s' camera stopped working with a "Camera is not ready. Please try again later." popup every time I try to use it.

Screenshot_20230622-223335155.png

This appears to be a software bug as if I go to Security & lock screen>Google Play system update, Install a 157kb update & reboot, the camera starts working again. However after rebooting the phone only stays on for ~20 seconds and then it reboots again and rolls back the update.

If I go to Security & lock screen>Google Play system update after rebooting, there is another 700kb update but by the time its installed the phone reboots and the installation doesnt complete.

So this seems to be a software issue but it apparantly cant be fixed by downgrading/factory reseting/etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ROGI5S
Star I
4 REPLIES 4

juan_mario_07
Star III

the same problem.

ROGI5S
Star I

TammyFYI
Star I

I have this same problem. Did you ever get this problem solved?

natesc0tt
Star III

Same issue with my Snapdragon Insiders Phone.
Asus Snapdragon Insiders phone
ASUS_I007D
ZS675KW
EXP21 Smartphone

latest Android 11, firmware: 18.1055.2307.269
Not rooted
Issue: The camera stops working...
"ERROR: Camera is not ready. Please try again later."
Fails all camera/flashlight SMMI tests
Does not work in safe mode.
Cleared cache/storage/permissions.
Factory Reset.
Camera still dead. Probably the same hardware failure they supposedly fixed when I sent back for repair in July. Only 90 days warranty on that service repair so I'm SOL. $1500 for a piece of junk that was made to show off Qualcomm Snapdragon Quality/Performance/Specs/Features. Probably should have gone with another partner besides ASUS. They should have worked with Motorola instead.