karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
PinkFires

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174835#Comment_174835

Here's my usage for the past day. I used it normally from 100% to 15%. What do you think? 🤔

screenshot-20210705-030806628.jpg

Keep in mind I run all games at max settings and the screen is always set to 120hz.

View post
Well keeping in mind 120hz i would say still it could have been better i guess as not much consumption by apps in the chart. Mine is kept at 60hz so can't comment much. I would suggest keep it at auto mode and set battery to Dynamic and get back once with your SS. I am soon going to share my SS of battery usage,which i hope can help you all

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
screenshot-20210705-232227530.jpg
There you go. My entire day usage from 100 to 3%

PinkFires
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

View post
Awesome!! Thank you so much for this. 🙂

Yerken
Star II
PinkFires

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174755#Comment_174755

I did it and it helped!! My SOT is 45 minutes at the moment with 87% and 12 hours of phone idle.

Honestly I'd expect better from a 6000mAH battery, but .56 apparently messed with the battery consumption. Hopefully ASUS addresses that too.

View post
Well, now after full discharge of battery and recharching after to 100% (without factory reset) the battery life is more longer. At least used it almost for 6-7 hours with apps and it works better than before.
Will check for another week or so. Contacted to local supplier and they offered to get updated with new version of OS updates which is not available by general settings in my country yet.

PinkFires
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

View post
Okay, I think my biggest "issue" and the biggest difference here is that I play A LOT of games that are really demanding graphically. It explains my 4-6 hour SoT compared to your 8 hours.

Thank you for this, it helped a lot!