karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS
Hello,
I used AccuBattery to check the battery health status on my old phone (OP 6T) and Rog phone 5.
Below are the screenshots, white SS is the ROG Phone 5 and Black is OP 6T.
3rd party apps to check battery are discouraged I know, however, I think the gap here is too big to fall into the error category. If you have any suggestions for checking the battery capacity/health do let me know.
The sample size for Rog phone 5 is only 3 which is low.
1st charge cycle: 40- 100%
2nd charge cycle: 76-95%
3rd : 5-100%
image.png
image.png

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171105#Comment_171105

@Reaperzwolf The battery mode is- Dynamic and the Refresh rate is Auto.

Got the point and thank you for the explanation @Anders_ASUS

It's just that I was expecting huge battery life improvements over my previous phone (OP 6T) as ROG has a 6000mAh battery.

Is approx 11.5 hrs of SOT average for Rog 5?

Here is a follow-up SS of the previous screenshot. And as you can see Duo just chugs up the charge.

image.png

View post
I am though not an expert in all these but still will try and explain as simple as possible.
1. 22 hrs back your phone charge was -94%
2. As per your consumption chart ,a 100% would yield 7.10 hrs of SOT.
Given these facts i generally get 9hrs+ SOT when using Dynamic mode and in Advanced which i have customised i get 11hrs+ SOT.
Now as i can see a lot of gaming and video calls were done which again consumes more battery, your phone still ran for 22hrs which is to be considered as an excellent battery life given.
So to sum up i think it has done a good job enough. Request you to share another screenshot of your usage after having charged the phone to 💯. When its 10% share it here. And use it as normal as you do so that we can get a clear picture of it.
And even if you aren't happy with it i guess you can try out the Batter Saver Mode in Developer Mode. I had used it on my Rog 3 and it worked like a charm. But this is a later stage as we need to know if everything is ok with your phone. Will be waiting for your response.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171131#Comment_171131

I am though not an expert in all these but still will try and explain as simple as possible.

Given these facts i generally get 9hrs+ SOT when using Dynamic mode and in Advanced which i have customised i get 11hrs+ SOT.

Now as i can see a lot of gaming and video calls were done which again consumes more battery, your phone still ran for 22hrs which is to be considered as an excellent battery life given.

So to sum up i think it has done a good job enough. Request you to share another screenshot of your usage after having charged the phone to 💯. When its 10% share it here. And use it as normal as you do so that we can get a clear picture of it.

And even if you aren't happy with it i guess you can try out the Batter Saver Mode in Developer Mode. I had used it on my Rog 3 and it worked like a charm. But this is a later stage as we need to know if everything is ok with your phone. Will be waiting for your response.

View post
Thanks, I will share the SS when it reaches 10%.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

View post
Well, my charge still hasnt reached 10%, however, as a follow-up to my previous battery health test you might find this useful.
In the previous battery test my old OP 6T had a large number of samples where as the ROG 5 had 3.
So I reset my OP 6T and ran the battery charge test. charged the phone from 5% to 97%, similar to the ROG 5, charged it from 5- 95% and here are the battery health results.
OP 6T: It has 77% health as expected considering its almost 3 years old now.
image.png
ROG 5: 3 days old
image.png

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

View post
@Reaperzwolf Can you perform the same test as well using AccuBattery and see what the battery health and estimated capacity are on your phone?