This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 5s after update fails to connect to wifi

My Asus Rog 5s  mobile fails to connect with the wifi or mobile internet after the recent update 8n September 23.Repeated calls to the customer support in India yield no result.I don't have a service centre near my place  also and I'm saddled with a useless handset.

Even the sim changed ,innumerable factory reset done still there is no change.How should I handle this ?Initially there was update and next day enrol for Asus programme it asked I did it and post that my mobile is facing issues .I think in name of research  they might have released a bug in the phone !

Asus app in my mobile sldo hot automatically  deleted after this.

Asus please help

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Sangitamohandas 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657 

If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

I had purchased the mobile in India online Amazon,and since March 2023 its out of warranty and all the problems began after warranty expiry.
The mobile would suddenly switch off and be in off cndition for half n hour or so.Later this wifi connection issues started cropping up and finally refused to connect to any wifi and show the wifi connection button in on state.
Tried calling customer support in India but of no use as they said there is no service centre in Mangalore,I have to take my mobile to Bengaluru. So I asked a friend who was travelling  to that place to check on at service centre. But here the service centre guys refused to repair as they were not well versed with this kind of mobile.
For some time it would get connected to sim internet  but later on that also stopped.I am only able to receive calls and do nothing.As all updates need wifi  connections. 
Now I have come to London and would be here till March end,is there any way I can get it repaired here?I don't have RMA no as no centre accepted it for repair.Also it does not show the ip address and wifi Mac address.
How to go about now?
The SN no.M9AIGF004088C89.
Thanks