cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG 5 mobile phone - WiFi got disabled post update

SUBHAYU
Star I
Hi all,
I have purchased a ASUS ROG5 mobile phone, in the month of June, 2021, and have been using the same since then. After the last update being Version No: 18.0840.2106.86, the WiFi suddenly got disabled and the hotspot is also not working. There is no solution found till date. There is no issue with the hardware.
19 REPLIES 19

venkatrockstar7
Rising Star II
@Lord_Messi it's not a hardware issue brother, 99% it's a software issue

metamemelord
Star II
True. My Wifi has been working fine for days, but stopped working today. How can the motherboard break suddenly? The device has a heat sink and everything in place, it's a baseless assumption that motherboard died. It's just untested software update posted by perhaps an intern. Fix this!!!

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
metamemelord

True. My Wifi has been working fine for days, but stopped working today. How can the motherboard break suddenly? The device has a heat sink and everything in place, it's a baseless assumption that motherboard died. It's just untested software update posted by perhaps an intern. Fix this!!!

View post
venkatrockstar7090

@Lord_Messi it's not a hardware issue brother, 99% it's a software issue

View post
True but for now that's the only solution because we don't when ASUS will do software update to fix this
Maybe even ASUS still don't why this happen to their phone

metamemelord
Star II
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183363#Comment_183363

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183360#Comment_183360

True but for now that's the only solution because we don't when ASUS will do software update to fix this

Maybe even ASUS still don't why this happen to their phone

View post
Potentially the service centre guys are also downgrading the firmware and then swapping out board, that too if required. We'll not know these things mate.

Mr_Maddy
Star I
Wifi is disabled not working. Pls help me