This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 5 I changed my motherboard today system again asked for update may I update it again

nazirkkv1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:today I recieve my device from Asus service center they changed motherboard
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):system update
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I got a problem before , I bought my Rog 5 3months before , on December 2 I got an update after that I can't use my wifi and hotspot , I gave it to Asus service center now my device was ok they changed my motherboard such a painful , now my device was like new , showing system update again may I update it or ignore please usefull comments only , no bullshit
9 REPLIES 9

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
Your WiFi didn't work because the chip that contains the required drivers burned. After a restart your phone tries to reload these drivers but since the chip died it wasn't able to enable WiFi.
So yeah you could skip all updates but as a consequence you must not restart your phone. As soon as you restart it normally you could as well update it.
The damage/broken WiFi was already there... The update itself has nothing to do with it.

nazirkkv1
Star I
Bro Asus service center guys changed my motherboard, it shows update again and try to autoupdate , what should I do to skip the update , my phone was automatically system updating anyway brother tell me , I have no idea , today only I got the device from service center,

nazirkkv1
Star I
Bro motherboard already changed ,I got it today from service center , now itself shows to autoupdate system software how to skip this automatic update , godddd 58k is not an small amount i wasted all my amount on this damn device , such a worst brand ever godd , i used lot of devices before this was the first time I been facing issues like this

nazirkkv1
Star I
Look at this brother it was automatically downloading how to stop this bro , anyway to stop the autoupdate ,I'm so confused , i waited alot for that motherboard replacement today only I got my device back i waited 1months , how to stop this help me , give me a solution