Slurp
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 baseband, kernel version
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Almost all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): app lock
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Hi, has anyone noticed how the app lock on the ROG Phone 5 doesn't always work? It has happened to me with apps like file manager, Reddit, Facebook, VLC, messenger, and other apps I have locked.

I'm sure I'm not just forgetting that I've opened my apps that I've set a lock on, because I literally just woke up a few minutes of typing this. I opened VLC, and it had a lock, and then opened File Manager, and it's not locked (I then went to this website to post this).

I then closed my phone, and opened it again, then tried to go to File Manager, and it's suddenly locked.

4 REPLIES 4

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Slurp

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: Android 11 baseband, kernel version
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Almost all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): app lock

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hi, has anyone noticed how the app lock on the ROG Phone 5 doesn't always work? It has happened to me with apps like file manager, Reddit, Facebook, VLC, messenger, and other apps I have locked.

I'm sure I'm not just forgetting that I've opened my apps that I've set a lock on, because I literally just woke up a few minutes of typing this. I opened VLC, and it had a lock, and then opened File Manager, and it's not locked (I then went to this website to post this).

I then closed my phone, and opened it again, then tried to go to File Manager, and it's suddenly locked.

App lock not working glitch
Try clearing cache and storage of ASUS launcher and check again
Settings > Apps & Notifications > see all apps > ASUS launcher > storage Clear cache & storage/ force stop
Now check again.
Thanks!

Slurp
Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52348/app-lock-not-working-glitch

Try clearing cache and storage of ASUS launcher and check again

Settings > Apps & Notifications > see all apps > ASUS launcher > storage Clear cache & storage/ force stop

Now check again.

Thanks!

View post
Hi, will clearing the Asus launcher storage delete my videos, photos, or even apps on my phone?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Slurp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183905#Comment_183905

Hi, will clearing the Asus launcher storage delete my videos, photos, or even apps on my phone?

View post
No, videos,photos & even apps will not get deleted and are always safely available for your use

Slurp
Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183946#Comment_183946

No, videos,photos & even apps will not get deleted and are always safely available for your use

View post
Hi, I'm still facing the issue. Apps that I've locked aren't locked, even though I just unlocked my phone, and opened the supposed locked apps.