cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

GarvitKhatod
Star III
I Suggest Include A Ultra Durable Mode In Which We Could Add 2-3 Apps To Whitelist Like Instagram Whatsapp And Chrome And Disable All Other Apps In One Click!

FunBike31
Community Legend I
It's not really an ultra-sustainable fashion anymore so

For my part, no suggestion other than the stability of the system and actually Android 12 I do not care, I would prefer to have 12.1 then following 13.
This is the first time that Goggle has not used a Qualcomm Soc, we can expect a fairly stable system on the Pixels, for other brands there is a good chance that it will be the lottery, we have to hope that Qualcomm release the new SOCs with less bug, it will no longer have Goggle which detects a major part of it.

Neel007
Rising Star I
Try to test this update properly. We have bad experience after August month update. Many people had changed the motherboard . I am also facing trigger issue and mod said that motherboard replacement is only option for that. We invest high amount on rog 5. Please provide us good service.

chriscarus46
Star III
I hope to God they thoroughly test this before dumping it out.
Android 11 was a mess. Now mostly stable.

However...my phone ROG 5 16gb/256gb was great out of the box, but as updates occurred, it seemed to make things worse. Not better. (Global version)
Wi-Fi takes to long to scan/connect, web browsing isn't fluid unless settings are on high, occasionally my keyboard doesn't launch when going to text, (must close and clear. Then relaunch), screen sensitivity is completely out of wack, (must put on higher settings, while other times not), YouTube app has a bunch of problems. (Too long to get into), and apps are closing in the background, even if it's only 5 or less. Please fix these problems. Very frustrating given how much I paid for this phone, and all it's accessories including the Kunai Gamepad 3. Cooler, core 2 headphones etc.

zxops47
Rising Star I
thejus44

That's pretty nice! I would like to make a feature request though: if possible could Asus please include a compact mode, that reduces the space between elements in the UI? The interface in Android 12 wastes a lot of space for virtually no reason, and I think the UI could be improved upon.

Just my two cents, though!

View post
Options to have fix game genie swap positions its change with rotation your holding phone and also add options to set auto bypass mode on 80%, 90%,100% to save heat and battery