This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All apps and games stutter, is this normal?

Quiexo
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Virtually all apps. Two games I showcased here are ICEY (v1.1.1) and Shoujo City 3D (v1.4)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
All apps and games stutter when there are animations in motion. I have never experienced this amount of stutter on other Android devices. Is my ROG Phone 5 malfunctioning? A simple yes or no answer will suffice as I want to quickly decide on sending the device to Service Center asap.

Videos showing the stutter issue (for best result, download and watch on your preferred video player):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MLQXFlU4YbUTJfBhyZeqPJbdCsj4-YAZ?usp=sharing
5 REPLIES 5

CIG
Rising Star I
I honestly did not see any problems

FunBike31
Community Legend I
same for me, if there is a problem, it is not seen on the videos

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
Is the stutter only on your device or in the video as well?

Quiexo
Star II
FunBike31

same for me, if there is a problem, it is not seen on the videos

View post
In the "First Example" video, if you pay attention to the sign in the background as it moves left and right, you will see some frames are skipped so it is not completely smooth. In the second video, you can see the stutter roughly every second.
Also make sure you downloaded and watch on your own video player. I just noticed that watching straight from my Google Drive doesn't play at 60FPS. So please rewatch at 60FPS to see the issue.