This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we get the fix for the terrible idle drain with android 12?

rajpc381
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Pls fix it
4 REPLIES 4

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
rajpc381

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Pls fix it

Will we get the fix for the terrible idle drain with android 12?
Well i want to counter your idle drain complaint ,
I tested it myself and it lasted 15 days once with WIFI on , maybe quite a bit long without it
screenshot-20220221-073024953.jpg
It lasted another 4 days after this screenshot, its A11 . 172 WW version
And my battery isn't at its best state as its more than 1.5 years old now and the way i abuse it
and i can safely assume you are not me so your battery capacity will mostly be more than mine so all you need is a clean installation if you are not getting long idle times

rajpc381
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59109/will-we-get-the-fix-for-the-terrible-idle-drain-with-an...

Well i want to counter your idle drain complaint ,

I tested it myself and it lasted 15 days once with WIFI on , maybe quite a bit long without it

screenshot-20220221-073024953.jpg

It lasted another 4 days after this screenshot, its A11 . 172 WW version

And my battery isn't at its best state as its more than 1.5 years old now and the way i abuse it

and i can safely assume you are not me so your battery capacity will mostly be more than mine so all you need is a clean installation if you are not getting long idle times

View post
The problem is I use my phone continuously it drains about 10% per hour.....but when I use it on and off it gives terrible output say I charge it upto 100% and I use it on and off it would only give me 45-50 min of screen time and it will drop to 80% or even lower if that makes sense......see the screenshots for some reference......would you suggest resseting my device if that will help

screenshot-20220321-022924238-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20220321-022911439-281-29.jpg

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi rajpc381,
When you say that your SOT(Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

rajpc381
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi rajpc381,

When you say that your SOT(Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:

1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern

2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph

3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

View post
screenshot-20220327-204800795.jpg
screenshot-20220326-164445895.jpg
This is what I am talking about...in both the ss i charged the phone to about 80%
In the first ss I used the phone on and off during the day while in second I used it continuously....the disparity between the two is just absurd....i couldn't figure out whats wrong.....any suggestions?