This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will gaming with high temperature affect the hardware lifespan?

nguyendohuusu
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 3
Firmware Version:android 10
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
currently im using rog phone 3 with xaomi funcooler pro and bypass charging function playing genshin impact max setting ( using hardcore tuning profile ) . i only play around 1 hour a day and the average temp is around 45°c and during combat it reaches 48°c( cpu gpu temp is around 76°c)
My question is whether playing game with these kind of temp 1 hour daily affect the phone lifespan??
is 48°c a normal temp with rog 3?

tks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
nguyendohuusu

1. Model Name: rog 3
  2. Firmware Version:android 10
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

currently im using rog phone 3 with xaomi funcooler pro and bypass charging function playing genshin impact max setting ( using hardcore tuning profile ) . i only play around 1 hour a day and the average temp is around 45°c and during combat it reaches 48°c( cpu gpu temp is around 76°c)

My question is whether playing game with these kind of temp 1 hour daily affect the phone lifespan??

tks in advance

Look,I've been playing under the sun,I've been playing in my room,I've always used the hardcore tuning mode and maxed out everything on red
I have gamed for at least 3 hours on 53 celsius a Saturday night,and my usual temps are more than 42 every single time I play pubg mobile,genshin impact etc
I haven't noticed throttling,my phone hasn't suddenly turned off,and my battery is still ok,my charging habits are green from day one and until now,I haven't seen a single drop in performance
Even with an official screen protector and lightning armor case,I still haven't seen any problems
The only thing that could be damaged on this specific phone,is it's battery,but you have to remember that due to its biology,heat escapes quicker than it can be rounded up near the battery
So don't worry,go all out,I can personally guarantee you won't have any problems

nguyendohuusu
Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46908/will-gaming-with-high-temperature-affect-the-hardware-l...

Look,I've been playing under the sun,I've been playing in my room,I've always used the hardcore tuning mode and maxed out everything on red

I have gamed for at least 3 hours on 53 celsius a Saturday night,and my usual temps are more than 42 every single time I play pubg mobile,genshin impact etc

I haven't noticed throttling,my phone hasn't suddenly turned off,and my battery is still ok,my charging habits are green from day one and until now,I haven't seen a single drop in performance

Even with an official screen protector and lightning armor case,I still haven't seen any problems

The only thing that could be damaged on this specific phone,is it's battery,but you have to remember that due to its biology,heat escapes quicker than it can be rounded up near the battery

So don't worry,go all out,I can personally guarantee you won't have any problems

View post
tks a lot sir ..

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
nguyendohuusu

1. Model Name: rog 3
  2. Firmware Version:android 10
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

tks in advance

GPU and CPU temps around 76c is quite nice. You'll be absolutely fine with those temps. if anything goes wrong it's 100% not the thermals in your case.