This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not available on Mint Mobile?

crasher308
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 16GB with 512GB
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I switched from Google Fi to Mint Mobile yesterday and found that I lost the ability to enable WiFi calling in my data settings. I was surprised because they're both MVNO's providing service on the T-Mobile network. Now I'm wondering what carriers are currently supported since I don't get any reception where I work
2 REPLIES 2

crasher308
Star I
Is this an issue that's being worked on? Honestly I love Asus as a company but I would not have bought this phone knowing that there's no support. Luckily I have coverage in most areas, but in some cases WiFi calling would be a better option
But why did it work on Google Fi if it's not supported on Mint Mobile and maybe even T-mobile? Considering the phone isn't "designed for Fi" and mainly uses the T-mobile network, the same as mint mobile. The setting was located in the Fi app, but if it was functioning why couldn't the setting be available in the device settings?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
crasher308

Is this an issue that's being worked on? Honestly I love Asus as a company but I would not have bought this phone knowing that there's no support. Luckily I have coverage in most areas, but in some cases WiFi calling would be a better option

But why did it work on Google Fi if it's not supported on Mint Mobile and maybe even T-mobile? Considering the phone isn't "designed for Fi" and mainly uses the T-mobile network, the same as mint mobile. The setting was located in the Fi app, but if it was functioning why couldn't the setting be available in the device settings?

View post
These type of features require unique settings for every carrier even if they use the same network. This question is something you have to raise with ASUS North America. Maybe (hopefully) they're already working on it