cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widevine L3 is showing in DRM

pawadhayash98
Star I
Hi,
In my Asus rog 3, i can not play the videos in HD in Netflix and Amazon as in the DRM info app it's showing widevine L3
Please help me.
screenshot-20201031-123719652.jpg
screenshot-20201031-123409748.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

PH
Rising Star I
@ARP_ASUS I am facing the same issue. All of a sudden got downgraded to L3 a d now can't roll back. I am on .99 firmware and how come this is happening randomly

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Have sent you a DM already @PH

yashpandya295
Star II
I had the same issue on ROG 3 as you can see here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126376#Comment_126376
Local service center picked up my device from my home and they fixed the issue and delivered my device to me. It worked fine till today. Today morning when I checked again in DRM info the device went back to L3!!!!
This is unacceptable and it is appalling to me that how many issue this device has. So now what? I have to contact/visit service center again? and for how long? 2 months more and the issue will again reappear. Do I have to visit service center again and again? ASUS team please remember we are paying our hard earned cash to buy this phone.
screenshot-20201203-105223292.jpg

@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS Please reply

PH
Rising Star I
@yashpandya295 I completely agree with you.. this is just a 50K rupees brick.... The dev team is eating shit and rolling out useless fix..everytime they try to fix ..they mess up something else..

PH
Rising Star I
@ARP_ASUS I have responded and taking my phone to a service center is not a fix..it gets downgraded on its own again as in many cases and we can't format our phone everytime..asus should acknowledge this issue and announce a fix through OTA