ubersapian
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hoping that ASUS decide to include these settings to support Australian carriers in the next firmware update (when ever that is??) .
If I am reading correctly they certainly have included support for Australian and other carriers in the ROG 5 firmware according to the Qualcomm modem mbn config files.
As other users have stated this is a very basic feature in budget phones and I would have thought been there in a flagship phone. Telstra here in Australia certainly don't have a white list per say as to who can and can't have VoLTE access and VoLTE access is automatically enabled on Telstra accounts there end.

35 REPLIES 35

ubersapian
Star III
This is the reply I got from Asus service in Australia , which to me reads as we really don't give a shit about volte on tog phones ....

"Following up on your query concerning VoLTE support for the ROG Phone 3. Internal feedback is that at this stage no VoLTE scheduled for certification, we are pushing to have Telco's test and approve on future phones. Until these newer devices come in and are certified, VoLTE will not be available for ROG Phone 2 or 3."

botboy444
Zen Master I
ubersapian

This is the reply I got from Asus service in Australia , which to me reads as we really don't give a shit about volte on tog phones ....

"Following up on your query concerning VoLTE support for the ROG Phone 3. Internal feedback is that at this stage no VoLTE scheduled for certification, we are pushing to have Telco's test and approve on future phones. Until these newer devices come in and are certified, VoLTE will not be available for ROG Phone 2 or 3."

View post
That's super duper doubly lame AF.

botboy444
Zen Master I
ubersapian

View post
Im kinda hoping they just dont actually know lol, because the modem file for the either the rog 5 or the zenphone 6 or 7? has the australian telcos in it, meaning that they should work on volte, so we might still be getting it?

I'm hoping ! the 3g call quality sucks eggs

ubersapian
Star III
Yeah the 3g does really suck big time .
Yep I knew about the mfn files for the rog 5 so now that I'm rooted I'm gonna have a bit of a look around at the files in question. I can toggle all the persist settings related to enabling VoLTE so it shows the VoLTE options in settings but just can not get the IMS fired up for VoLTE as I'm sure that is more Qualcomm related modem toggles.

botboy444
Zen Master I
ubersapian

Yeah the 3g does really suck big time .

Yep I knew about the mfn files for the rog 5 so now that I'm rooted I'm gonna have a bit of a look around at the files in question. I can toggle all the persist settings related to enabling VoLTE so it shows the VoLTE options in settings but just can not get the IMS fired up for VoLTE as I'm sure that is more Qualcomm related modem toggles.

View post
if you're rooted, there is a thing you can flash in magisk to enable volte, see if that works, im stuck on the android 11 beta so i cant root atm lol, but im tempted to flashback 10 JUST so i can have volte lmao