ubersapian
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hoping that ASUS decide to include these settings to support Australian carriers in the next firmware update (when ever that is??) .
If I am reading correctly they certainly have included support for Australian and other carriers in the ROG 5 firmware according to the Qualcomm modem mbn config files.
As other users have stated this is a very basic feature in budget phones and I would have thought been there in a flagship phone. Telstra here in Australia certainly don't have a white list per say as to who can and can't have VoLTE access and VoLTE access is automatically enabled on Telstra accounts there end.

35 REPLIES 35

botboy444
Zen Master I
Same with the a11 beta no volte

ubersapian
Star III
@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS .. Any ideas ?

ubersapian
Star III
Just got some feedback from asus australia and according to them there will be no support for VoLTE in the foreseeable future at least here in australia .. They are of course throwing the ball back to the australian telcos who have supposedly not certified the ROG 3 device for VoLTE services ... Pretty funny how Telstra for example have told me a number of times that they dont whitelist/blacklist any devices anymore and should the device support it it can connect to Telstra VoLTE.
Running a thrid party ROM at this point in time might be only way to get VoLTE settings working on this device.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Repeated: Singapore please!

botboy444
Zen Master I
ubersapian

Just got some feedback from asus australia and according to them there will be no support for VoLTE in the foreseeable future at least here in australia .. They are of course throwing the ball back to the australian telcos who have supposedly not certified the ROG 3 device for VoLTE services ... Pretty funny how Telstra for example have told me a number of times that they dont whitelist/blacklist any devices anymore and should the device support it it can connect to Telstra VoLTE.

Running a thrid party ROM at this point in time might be only way to get VoLTE settings working on this device.

View post
thats a load of absolute crap, asus what the hell.

@Gustav_ASUS are you able to shine any light on this whatso ever? this device is officially useless by this time next year as Australian telcos are shutting off 3g.