This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE Malaysia

WinstonCheah
Star II
Did Asus had make any effort on VoLTE for Malaysia? seem currently all the telco was shutting down 3G. Even 4G for Malaysia not all of the location had been cover it. Is it will effect when the location not in 4G coverage and had full bar of signal but still can't connect data? if would like that, I will prefer grab a new phone as my main phone, rog just keep for gaming. 🙁
6 REPLIES 6

chuq_karl
Star I
My asus ZenFone 5z didn't get any features @ settings for VoLTE???? Why????????

RAMChYLD
Star III
I read that only Asus only supports Maxis in Malaysia where VoLTE is concerned. Very upset that Asus does not support VoLTE for other providers in Malaysia. I'm on Digi and Asus and Digi both refuses to open volte on my phone.

For those who are asking me to switch to Maxis and get over it, no. I will not put money in the hands of the corrupt government crony Ananda Krishnan. I will not pay Maxis' exorbitant data and call rates (their rates are the highest in Malaysia, period). I will not support the company whose sister company is practically the satellite TV monopoly in the country.

WinstonCheah
Star II
RAMChYLD

I read that only Asus only supports Maxis in Malaysia where VoLTE is concerned. Very upset that Asus does not support VoLTE for other providers in Malaysia. I'm on Digi and Asus and Digi both refuses to open volte on my phone.

For those who are asking me to switch to Maxis and get over it, no. I will not put money in the hands of the corrupt government crony Ananda Krishnan. I will not pay Maxis' exorbitant data and call rates (their rates are the highest in Malaysia, period). I will not support the company whose sister company is practically the satellite TV monopoly in the country.

View post
Ah, i see .... im also using DiGi too. Hmmm the only support is maxis but maxis plan too pricy. anyway thanks for the info too.

RAMChYLD
Star III
@Gustav_ASUS can you please put in a support ticket for this? We need DiGi to be supported for VoLTE.
Malaysia has shut off 3G as per government mandate and all phones must now operate on 4G with VoLTE. 2G is still there for business applications (ie GPS tracking on trucks and public transport) but I'm not comfortable with using it because it's not secure. Maxis' plans are is overpriced and I don't want to deal with them. I understand that U Mobile also has been added to the supported telco list but I'm a long time DiGi customer and don't want to switch, at least not in the short term (and while U Mobile is much cheaper, even cheaper than DiGi, their coverage still leaves much to be desired). Please add support for DiGi in Malaysia.