jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Android 11 didn't fix color banding/black crush and also performance is decreased in terms of benchmark score that's not noticeable. However why it scored less in geekbench5?
screenshot-20210727-132014906.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
jaykesharwani9

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Android 11 didn't fix color banding/black crush and also performance is decreased in terms of benchmark score that's not noticeable. However why it scored less in geekbench5?

screenshot-20210727-132014906.jpg

Updated A11 fota getting low score in geekbench5
Don't base performance off of geekbench,they have been proven that they are biased
And besides,benchmarks scores mean nothing unless they show a stability graph like 3d mark
But,performance has been improved in games etc so its their best update yet

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51138/updated-a11-fota-getting-low-score-in-geekbench5

Don't base performance off of geekbench,they have been proven that they are biased

And besides,benchmarks scores mean nothing unless they show a stability graph like 3d mark

But,performance has been improved in games etc so its their best update yet

View post
Nah, what I asked was "why it scored less in geekbench5" answer it.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
jaykesharwani9

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178467#Comment_178467

Nah, what I asked was "why it scored less in geekbench5" answer it.

View post
Because,when the pixel phones got A11,they also scored less,maybe it has to do with A11 being new all so the emulator uses outdated methods of benchmarking
Or you know,being biased to favour iOS devices instead of android ones

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jaykesharwani9,
As correctly mentioned by GREEKLEADER, I can't comment on all but many benchmarking Apps can show different results.
However, what matters is the performance and the overall usage. If that is good then you shouldn't worry about anything.