This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Latency drops and Sets to fps to 60fps when streaming with elgato and asus rog 3

JímCODM
Star I
SO...I'm a pro Codm player and this is becoming a serious problem for me,I make content on proffesional tournaments and the highest level game play.

When I connect my phone to stream through an Elgato capture card (elgato 60s+) the touch latency of the screen drops and CODM is unplayable I understand the FPS dropping to 60fps because it's a 60FPS game but why does the touch latency of the phone drop too,it is impossible to record or stream gameplay I had the same problem with my previous asus rog 2 and thought buying the highest spec rog 3 would change this I'm honestly debating just buying an iphone because from other pro players I have been told there is no touch latency drop from iphone when recording or streaming (streaming is a secondary source of income for me but with the right device and no touch latency drop it could be a main source of income) any answers are appreciated i can't find anything to solve this anywhere

3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@JímCODM
The touch sampling rate should stay the same regardless of refresh rate. I will double-check that this is true when connecting the device to an external capture card like the HD60 as well.
However, it might feel better at higher refresh rates since the display is drawing a new frame every 1/120th of a second. (Even though the GPU is pushing new frames at 60 FPS.)
I'll get back to you when I know more.

JímCODM
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@JímCODM

The touch sampling rate should stay the same regardless of refresh rate. I will double-check that this is true when connecting the device to an external capture card like the HD60 as well.

However, it might feel better at higher refresh rates since the display is drawing a new frame every 1/120th of a second. (Even though the GPU is pushing new frames at 60 FPS.)

I'll get back to you when I know more.

View post
Thanks the touch sampling rate feels significantly lower when recording or streaming that's the problem I am facing

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
JímCODM

SO...I'm a pro Codm player and this is becoming a serious problem for me,I make content on proffesional tournaments and the highest level game play.

When I connect my phone to stream through an Elgato capture card (elgato 60s+) the touch latency of the screen drops and CODM is unplayable I understand the FPS dropping to 60fps because it's a 60FPS game but why does the touch latency of the phone drop too,it is impossible to record or stream gameplay I had the same problem with my previous asus rog 2 and thought buying the highest spec rog 3 would change this I'm honestly debating just buying an iphone because from other pro players I have been told there is no touch latency drop from iphone when recording or streaming (streaming is a secondary source of income for me but with the right device and no touch latency drop it could be a main source of income) any answers are appreciated i can't find anything to solve this anywhere

Touch Latency drops and Sets to fps to 60fps when streaming with elgato and asus rog 3
Sure buddy,then why didn't you buy the iPhone since "pro players" use "only" iPhone lmao

And by the way,use the phones live streaming if you are having problems,and soon I heard there will be a 120 FPS option in cod so you'll have to change your capture device all together
It's just a rumor tho