This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Lighting for Notification keeps blinking till screen is locked.

cv_teja
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 2008.78
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular issue
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The system lighting for notification information keeps blinking even after opening the app pertaining to the notification. The light blinks until the phone is locked. Can this be changed so that the blinking stops once the notification (app) is opened?
For example:
I get a message on Whatsapp. The system light starts blinking. I unlock the phone, open Whatsapp and check my message. I close Whatsapp and carry on with another app (say). All this while, the system light keeps blinking green. It only stops blinking once I lock my screen.

Hope I've been clear.
4 REPLIES 4

John_p
Rising Star I
Known issue . I've sent a log to the devs . Hope they fix it in the next update

cv_teja
Star II
John p

Known issue . I've sent a log to the devs . Hope they fix it in the next update

View post
Thanks for the reply. Any idea when the next update might be due?
Also, is there any thread regarding Android Q beta for this phone? (Apologies if this is out of context. I didn't want to start another thread just for this question).

John_p
Rising Star I
cv.teja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123401#Comment_123401

Thanks for the reply. Any idea when the next update might be due?

Also, is there any thread regarding Android Q beta for this phone? (Apologies if this is out of context. I didn't want to start another thread just for this question).

View post
Well no idea when the update will come . Should come before the end of this month . They skipped the security patch for the month of September 🤐 . We're all hoping it comes asap and solves the few bugs and gets the latest security patch update.
Also do you mean android 11 ( I didn't understand what android Q is )..... If you mean android 11 then
I spoke to one of the mods on pm when they were asking me for the logs and he said it's a long way as many things can happen in between and it's not an easy process . We can expect it before the year ends hopefully but that will be the beta version so we never know how stable it will be and another thing is we never know when the actual stable version will come so for now as long as they fix the bugs and give a stable update we all should be happy😅

cv_teja
Star II
John p

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123541#Comment_123541

Well no idea when the update will come . Should come before the end of this month . They skipped the security patch for the month of September 🤐 . We're all hoping it comes asap and solves the few bugs and gets the latest security patch update.

Also do you mean android 11 ( I didn't understand what android Q is )..... If you mean android 11 then

I spoke to one of the mods on pm when they were asking me for the logs and he said it's a long way as many things can happen in between and it's not an easy process . We can expect it before the year ends hopefully but that will be the beta version so we never know how stable it will be and another thing is we never know when the actual stable version will come so for now as long as they fix the bugs and give a stable update we all should be happy😅

View post
Thanks for your patient response.
Yes, I meant Android 11. I understand your thoughts on a stable update. My previous phone was a OnePlus 5t. So I'm used to having specific threads in the community related to various topics like next stable update, next beta, bugs that the devs are working on - you get the gist..., So I was wondering if such a structure exists in this forum as well. Please post the links if you know of any such threads.
Appreciate your time.
Best