Slow charging feature not working on Rog Phone 3

kirtish_19
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Slow Charging and Scheduled Charging
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
There seems to be an issue with slow charge feature as it is not working. I have tried turning on slow charge but still my phone charged from 0 to 100 within 1.5 hours. On the lock screen it shows Hypercharge even when slow charge is on.
To understand more I tried to connect my phone with 10W charger i saw charging in the lockscreen below and then it was charging it slow.
From my point of view slow charging feature is not working as expected.
Also, schedule charging feature is also having an issue as for the first 80-90 percent it chagre the phone fast and then it stop even when slow charging is turned on.
Please fix this issue.
screenshot-20201214-175811634.jpg
screenshot-20201214-181343132.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@kirtish.19 We're looking into potential issues with slow charging. Just a heads up though that the icon in the status bar means that the phone has the ability to hypercharge so to speak, not that it's actually doing it.

kirtish_19
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS I have attached 2 screenshot 1st with Asus Charger and 2nd on with 10W charger. While using slow chagre it is showing charging slow in notification but actually it is not. It is charging the phone within 1.5 hours. In the status icon near battery it is showing hypercharge icon as well in centre bottom it is showing hypercharge.

Could you suggest when we can expect its fix?

kirtish_19
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS Can you please suggest on above?

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
the only way to slow charge the device is by using a slow charger, i mean a normal charger that is not fast charging. It is the only solution because the option that the phone has does not work.