This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Tencent Version

xMatsx
Star I
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this and sorry if this one has been posted before. I've been seeing alot tencent version of the ROG phone 3 Global ROM in various market places. Heck, even the official Asus store in Aliexpress is also selling them.
Can anyone of the mods here confirm if the PSA from ROG Phone 2 applies to ROG Phone 3 as well? TIA!

24 REPLIES 24

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
xMatsx

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this and sorry if this one has been posted before. I've been seeing alot tencent version of the ROG phone 3 Global ROM in various market places. Heck, even the official Asus store in Aliexpress is also selling them.

Can anyone of the mods here confirm if the PSA from ROG Phone 2 applies to ROG Phone 3 as well? TIA!

ROG Phone 3 Tencent Version
Yes! You should NOT buy "ROG Phone 3 Tencent edition" with Global ROM as this combination is NOT supported by ASUS. Another important thing to consider is that these phones are only covered by warranty in their origin country (China) and ASUS China do not accept warranty claims outside of China. Normally you can return a damaged product to the dealer but we've seen that many dealers that sells the Tencent Edition + Global ROM do not honor warranty claims. So you take a HUGE risk buying the Tencent Edition if you live outside of China.

xMatsx
Star I
@Anders_ASUS thanks for the response and confirmation. appreciate if you can spread this PSA to all your media outlets so more people will know about this.

connectvictor
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32973/rog-phone-3-tencent-version

Yes! You should NOT buy "ROG Phone 3 Tencent edition" with Global ROM as this combination is NOT supported by ASUS. Another important thing to consider is that these phones are only covered by warranty in their origin country (China) and ASUS China do not accept warranty claims outside of China. Normally you can return a damaged product to the dealer but we've seen that many dealers that sells the Tencent Edition + Global ROM do not honor warranty claims. So you take a HUGE risk buying the Tencent Edition if you live outside of China.

View post
I agree, I was not aware of this and suffered for Rog Phone 2, but lucky enough to get it successfully converting to global version but not advised for tech noob and won't be doing the same for ROG PHONE 3, I'll wait for global version to be available in my area henceforth.

mohamedzuhairk
Star II
In dubai region i dont see any offical announcement for the phone, as of now availibility of ROG PHONE 3 is TENCENT VERSION with GLOBAL ROM. I would like to see what asus has the asnwer for this???