ROG Phone 3 power button issue after A12

SangeYasha
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 31.0210.0210.236
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N.A.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to Android 12, I have this persistent issue with the power button. It is unresponsive at times and occurs daily. I will press the power button to turn on screen or to check the time but phone will freeze and lag and the screen would only light up approximately 5 to 8 seconds after I had pressed the button. It occurs only when my screen is shut and I am trying to on the screen again.
I don't know what is causing this but it had been occuring since I updated to Android 12. I have tried to clear the cache and restarted my phone but it still occurs.
There is no problem with the power button physically and my best guess is it is some software issue.
Other physical button (volume) seems to work fine.
7 REPLIES 7

keren_ASUS
@SangeYasha
Hello there,
After careful consideration, it may seem like this is a hardware issue. We recommend that you take your device to the nearset service repair center. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In the meantime, you could also temporarily enable “double tap” function to wake the phone up.
Thank you!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
keren_ASUS

@SangeYasha

Hello there,

After careful consideration, it may seem like this is a hardware issue. We recommend that you take your device to the nearset service repair center. We apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, you could also temporarily enable “double tap” function to wake the phone up.

Thank you!

View post
Huh?!
How on earth did you come to the conclusion its a hardware problem?!
@SangeYasha most likely problem with waking the device from sleep. Maybe some drivers or other pieces of software corrupted by upgrading to a12. A clean install of a12 should fix the issue again.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Interestingly, my ROG3 ALSO is facing power button problems and it looks like it IS a hardware issue.
Does it mean that ROG3 was developed in such a way that hardware that's been used in it, has life expectancy of around 2-3 years?!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Deepan_Ch

Interestingly, my ROG3 ALSO is facing power button problems and it looks like it IS a hardware issue.

Does it mean that ROG3 was developed in such a way that hardware that's been used in it, has life expectancy of around 2-3 years?!

View post
No it isnt.
Your claim is insane.